Senior Manufacturing Biotech Associate
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Senior Manufacturing Biotech AssociateApply Now
The Senior Manufacturing Biotech Associate will work across the site self-directed work teams and hub teams to identify and resolve issues in order to allow the site to achieve the strategic objectives related to Safety, Quality/Compliance, Supply Assurance (i.e. capacity, yield, fulfillment), and Value.
The Senior Manufacturing BioTech Associate will undertake manufacturing operations involved in the production of biologic drug substance on their designated shift and act as a coach and a technical point of contact for others on the shift team, acting as a key liaison for the site shift lead for ongoing operations in a process area. Key responsibilities include the progression of an automated recipe using paperless technology in order to generate the drug substance through inoculation and cell culturing activities leading to filtration and purification of the product in a state of the art single use technology based facility. The incumbent will be involved in setting up the single use equipment between runs, carrying out the production process according to world class GMP and EHS principles and driving to optimise and improve the processing activities through use of standard work and lean processing techniques. At all times this role is focused on delivery to the patient through living the Dunboyne culture including a commitment to safety, focusing on right first time in everything we do and a concentrating on the engagement and development of self and peers.
- Partner with the EHS Hub to ensure sustainable EHS programmes are engrained and deployed, to develop effective integrated solutions to EHS requirements, to develop a valuable EHS learning programme for you and to assist with safety initiatives.
- Stay actively involved by participating in inspections, GEMBAs and Go-See’s, reporting safety observations.
- Challenge and identify improvements to the safety and environmental programmes on site.
- Be a visible leader of safety initiatives and stay actively involved in safety forums.
- Take part in safety audits, walkdowns and report on, and look to resolve any unsafe activities or situations that occur during manufacturing activities, taking ownership as required as part of the site culture on safety
- Celebrate with use of proactive recognition tools that inspire teams and individuals.
- Create an environment where everyone speaks up for our culture of safety and looks out for one another.
- Be an ambassador for the Takeda leadership behaviours
- Ensure that all employees on shift supporting manufacturing are working as one team to support the delivery of product to patients.
- Be responsible for the shift skills matrix to drive a learning and development organisation as well as maximising flexibility across the shift team
- Act as a coach or mentor to one’s peers on specific unit operations as required to support the value stream
- Play an active role in the shift handover process, working to ensure that transitions occur as smoothly as possible and that the production activities are closely monitored and controlled always.
- Role model the behaviours that creates a culture of respect and dignity
- Utilize continuous improvement tools, lean and six sigma methodologies to identify improvement opportunities, perform technical troubleshooting and successfully implement solutions.
- Support the implementation of site strategy and business unit strategy by identifying appropriate initiatives for applicable improvements to the value stream. In some instances, support corporate initiatives and projects.
- Identify the appropriate business drivers for each initiative, draft proposals and seek appropriate governance approvals as required.
- Prepare timely project reports and communicate effectively with all stakeholders including reporting any potential project delays timely and provide mitigation plans to assure on-time execution.
- Reporting of Value Stream Key Performance Indicators & Metrics.
- Support the implementation of the Lean Management System.
- Undertake job specific activities
- Drive the production process forward through use of Delta V recipes & MES Electronic Batch records according to relevant SOPs
- Take ownership for one’s own training to continue professional development and generate expertise in the role
- Play a key role in the roll out and development of standard work processes on the plant, continually looking for improvements and operational efficiencies
- Always conduct work activities in a safe and compliant manner
- Take part in shift handovers and tier 1 meetings, raising concerns or issues promptly and providing options for resolutions
- Act as a team member on process deviation reviews and Gemba walkdowns
- Act as end user where required for manufacturing input into automation, equipment and process changes to ensure that the operational aspects of any change are well understand and effective.
- Mentor new members of staff in specific plant activities
- Assist in project activities as they arise to maintain and optimize the facility
- Play a key role in streamlined changeovers between products and in between batches
- Be prepared to answer auditor questions during site walkdowns.
- Encourage new and innovative approaches to improve the value stream.
- Engage in implementing innovative solutions that drive a high performance organisational culture that accommodates rapid growth and highly dynamic expectations ensuring attainment of site operational and development goals.
- Create an environment of right first time in everything that we do through a focus on principles of lean, including simplification, standard work, visual management and a learning organisation.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A Level 8 degree or equivalent in a technical, engineering or science based discipline
- Relevant experience in a biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and general technical and biologic operations understanding required
- A proven ability to work as part of a team to deliver results
- Organization Skills – Ability to manage multiple priorities and know when to escalate issues for resolution.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Living our behaviors is a basic expectation for all Takeda employees. Takeda expects all employees to embody the following:
- Ability to translate the vision and goals of the company and site to the Self-directed teams.
- Enterprise mindset to ensure the right prioritisation for the site.
- A proven ability to play an active role in cross functional teams and deliver on tight timelines.
- Ability to challenge the status quo with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Promoting a culture where diversity and inclusion is part of the DNA.
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Establishes challenging assignments and stretch goals for self
- Provides support and guidance to team members on prioritization and resource allocation to achieve goals in accordance with established polices and business needs.
- Identifying and communicating risks in area of responsibility and across the site.
Internal and External Contacts
- Collaborates with the Technical Operations Training Community and Continuous Improvement teams across the Organisation.
- Collaborates across the Self-Directed Work Teams and Hubs to coach, mentor and develop the lean and six-sigma capability within the teams to develop their skill-set
- For continuous improvement collaborates with Business Excellence peers across the Biologics business unit in Takeda and through external forums to drive business excellence.
- Works closely with the Maintenance, QA and EHS departments to deliver product safely, in a compliant manner on time
Other Job Requirements
- This role is a site based role working rotating shift pattern
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0026041