OpEx Business Partner
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
OpEx Business PartnerApply Now
Operational Excellence Business Partner
Business Excellence Lead
This role will be part of our People Operations Self-Directed work team/ Hub in our new state of the art single use multi-product biotech facility in Dunboyne, County Meath, Ireland. This facility will manufacture enzyme replacement and antibody-based therapies for our rare disease Patients in Takeda, a patient-focused, values-based, R&D-driven global biopharmaceutical company committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter Future to people worldwide. The organisational structure at the site will be based on self-directed work teams where decisions will be made at the level where the data exists.
The Operational Excellence Business Partner will work across the site self-directed work teams and hub teams to identify and resolve issues in order to allow the site to deliver on our commit culture that supports Quality, EHS, Learning and Continuous improvement.
The Operational Excellence Business Partner will own the detailed execution of projects and continuous improvement initiatives related to the value stream and will also be responsible for their success assuring compliance with safety, quality, cost and delivery. The incumbent will recommend projects and initiatives that are in strategic alignment with site goals, manage risks & changes, and deliver projects/initiatives successfully.
- Get actively involved by participating in inspections, GEMBA’s and Go-See’s.
- Complete COMMIT cards to highlight ways of working within our SDWT’s and Hubs and across our site that support our COMMIT culture.
- Provide immediate feedback to others at any time to reinforce good safety and improvement behaviours and acts.
- Routinely talk about any safety issues you are concerned about.
- Know the hazards of the tasks you are performing, actively conduct risk assessments for inclusion into operational SOPs.
- Challenge yourself before starting any task and identify safety improvements and be an active participant of our site safety standards challenging the status quo. If something is out of the ordinary, or something changes, step back and reassess; if in doubt do not do it.
- Challenge and identify improvements to the safety and environmental programmes on site.
- Ensure you are effectively trained for the work you need to do, challenge the safety training if it is not effective.
- Promote an environment where everyone speaks up for our culture of safety and looks out for one another.
- Be a visible leader of safety initiatives and stay actively involved in safety forums.
- Celebrate with use of proactive recognition tools that inspire teams and individuals you collaborate with.
- Be an ambassador for the Takeda Values of Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, Perseverance.
- Provide coaching for your team members as part of the continuous improvement mindset
- Role model the behaviours that creates a culture of dignity and respect.
- Identify improvement opportunities, perform technical troubleshooting and successfully implement solutions
- Support the implementation of site strategy and business unit strategy by identifying appropriate initiatives for applicable improvements to the value stream. In some instances support corporate initiatives and projects as required.
- Lead approved projects and continuous improvement initiatives that are in alignment with the site strategies.
- Get actively involved in supporting the implementation of the lean management system
- Be active in the external Network across industries to develop ideas that can be reapplied at Takeda Dunboyne Biologics.
- Encourage new and innovative approaches to improve the value stream.
- Utilise real-time data analytics for making decisions on the value stream improvement initiatives.
- Engage in implementing innovative solutions that drive a high-performance organisational culture that accommodates rapid growth and highly dynamic expectations ensuring attainment of site operational and development goals.
- Create an environment of right first time in everything that we do through a focus on principles of lean, including simplification, standard work, visual management and a learning organisation.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Science or Engineering).
- Certified Lean and Six Sigma Green Belt or Lean Master Black Belt with a minimum of 5 years of business operations and /or plant manufacturing, engineering or quality experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry, (preferably both).
- Proven demonstrated process improvement success.
- Demonstrated influencing skills creating a pull environment for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Strong analytical/statistical problem-solving skills, coaching and facilitation skills.
- Proficient in delivery of Training, Kaizen workshops,
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Visio, Sharepoint and Minitab.
- Proven ability in use of a data visualization platform is desirable.
- Proven ability around working cross-functionally, focusing on meeting and tracking to schedules and embrace an interdependent working culture.
- Knowledge and implementation of Lean and Six Sigma tools and strategies.
- Basic financial knowledge. (e.g. small capital projects development and justification)
- Strong operations support background ensuring value-added contribution and oversight.
- Experience working in a GMP/regulated environment is desirable.
- Working in a GMP manufacturing environment, preferably liaising with or managing shift teams.
- Organisation Skills – Ability to manage multiple priorities and know when to escalate issues for resolution.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Demonstrate the Takeda Values of Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, Perseverance as a natural way of working.
- Strong project management skills to support project delivery and operational readiness.
- Strong stakeholder management skills to manage both internal and external stakeholders that support the site.
- A proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and deliver on tight timelines.
- Excellent influencing/collaboration skills and teamwork mind-set.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills as well as an ability to coach and mentor self-directed teams through complex problems solving.
- Ability to challenge the status quo with a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Proven ability in using a wide variety of lean tools and building capability within teams.
- Change agent who will support the organisation with good change management tools and techniques.
- Proven ability through working across teams focusing on meeting and tracking to schedules and embracing and interdependent work culture as an agile team member.
- Strong Talent Developer with a focus on creating a continuous learning organisation through active coaching.
- Effective communicator with a proven ability to grow talent and future leaders.
- Promoting a culture where diversity and inclusion is part of the DNA.
- Demonstrated ability to give and receive feedback.
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Establishes stretch goals for self to allow the SDWT or HubTeam deliver on their priorities.
- Identifying and communicating risks in the area of responsibility and across the site.
- Creating strategies and plans to manage risk within the value stream and SDWT and Hub teams.
- Completes DMAIC problem-solving and coaches teams through the DMAIC methodology.
Internal and External Contacts
- Collaborates across the Network and operational excellence agile teams across the Organization.
- Key collaboration with the Self-Directed Work Teams and Hubs across the enterprise.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to deliver the site objectives.
- For continuous improvement collaborates with Business Excellence peers across the Biologics business unit in Takeda and through external forums to drive business excellence.
- Collaborates across the Self-Directed Work Teams and Hubs to coach, mentor and develop the lean and six-sigma capability within the teams to develop their skill-set
- Key collaborators include the Learning Team, Operations, Quality, IT and MS&T teams.
- For delivery of the people strategy including recruitment, learning and development and organizational talent reviews collaborates with business excellence and HR teams to develop a high performing technical organization in Dunboyne.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to deliver the site objectives.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0039693