Senior Microbiology Analyst, Cell Therapy (Fixed Term Contract)
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Senior Microbiology Analyst, Cell Therapy (Fixed Term Contract)Apply Now
The purpose of the role is to oversee the general running of the Microbiology laboratory, Environmental Management and the aseptic technique associated with the manufacture of Alofisel biologics product at Takeda Ireland Ltd, Grange Castle. The Microbiology laboratory is based in the Cell Therapy Manufacturing Facility..
- Responsible for oversight of the Microbiology laboratory supporting the manufacture of Alofisel Cell therapy product.
- Oversee aseptic practices (gowning, monitoring, cleaning and related training).
- Perform microbiological testing as required to support operations.
- Perform environmental monitoring as required to support operations.
- Ensure that the Microbiology laboratory is set up and operates in compliance with current Good Laboratory Practice / Good Manufacturing Practice at all times.
- Implement and maintain standards of GLP and analytical practice consistent with current regulatory expectations and Global Takeda standards.
- Develop and maintain excellent communication and collaboration between the Microbiology laboratory and operations.
- Training of microbiology analysts
- Scheduling of microbiologist work via visual management
- Ensure that testing schedules are achieved and manage laboratory resources (instruments and personnel) to provide a comprehensive analytical service for testing of all samples.
- Oversee the Cell Therapy Manufacturing Facility environmental monitoring programme for the facility.
- Participate in the technical transfer / validation of microbiological testing procedures including Mycoplasma, Sterility testing and Endotoxin testing.
- Oversight of contract testing laboratories associated with microbiological testing
- Manage the investigation into any non-conformance, instrument malfunction, accident or other abnormal occurrence. Ensure that any Out of Specification (OOS) or Out of Trend (OOT) analytical results are managed as per SOP.
- Manage an effective laboratory documentation system. Prepare and review documents as required.
- Prepare for, and support, internal and external audits (e.g. HPRA, FDA, corporate, customer).
- Actively lead and support projects, quality initiatives and continuous improvement programmes within the Quality department and in other functional areas.
- Implement and maintain standards of safety to ensure a safe working laboratory. Ensure that the laboratory is kept clean, tidy and safe at all times.
- As required, act as designee for the Plant Microbiologist in their absence.
- Participate as required in global project teams relating to Microbiology and wider quality activities.
- Participate fully in any cross functional training initiatives.
- Drive and promote the corporate values of Takeda-ism within the workplace.
- Actively foster, in cooperation with other TIL staff, an ethos and culture of safety awareness where safety is accepted as an integral part of the overall business.
- Ensure that Accident Reports / Near Miss Forms are completed in a timely manner after an event.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOP, reading, training and assessment.
- Degree in Microbiology or other relevant field.
- More than 4 years’ experience working in Microbiology in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably in a Biologics company
- Experience of microbiology testing including Sterility, endotoxin, mycoplasma and Environmental Management
- Thorough knowledge of GMP and current FDA & EMEA regulations
- Knowledge and experience of Lean Laboratories is preferable
- Previous experience in setting up a new Microbiology laboratory is desirable
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and report writing skills
- Strong Microbiology knowledge, with the ability to act as a Subject Matter Expert
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
LocationsGrange Castle, Ireland
Worker Sub-TypeFixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0031046