Senior Financial Analyst
Dublin, Ireland, Zurich, Switzerland
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful Takeda UK & Ireland Commercial employee?
Check out the traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
Our Corporate Philosophy’s core components include our Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Roadmap.
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Find out more about Life at Takeda
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Aligning our actions and decisions with our priorities (Patient, Trust, Reputation, and Business) and core values is the foundation of our workplace culture.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Senior Financial AnalystApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as our Senior Financial Analyst.
As our Senior Financial Analyst, you will work in our centrally organised team that interacts with the Executive Management and finance leads of global entities that achieve complex operating and tax strategies (herein referred to as Principle Entities).
These entities are responsible for over $6B of revenue, internal & external manufacturing activities (including complex toll manufacturing set up), IP ownership and service over 700 employees
You will develop a sustainable network with supply chain operating entities and will interface with various finance teams (GMS, PDT, PVPS and TBS).
Your responsibilities will be spread across 3 main sub-functions
Monthly financial close
- Drive process re-engineering, design, standardisation & improvements initiatives for complex entities in Switzerland (Baxalta GmbH, TPIZ, SIG, SES) and Ireland
- Document and align end-to-end processes, key controls and responsibilities between the different finance teams, controllership and TBS
- SOX & Audit contact for complex entities and co-ordination with responsible controllers
- Organise process walk throughs with external and internal auditors and monitor testing activities / issue resolution
- Support integration projects impacting the complex entities (including pre-positioning steps for LEO, BPR implementation and Principal legal entity integration)
- Monthly, quarterly and annual close accounting activities for Ireland Controllership organisation
- Own BSR process for complex entities
- Track audit & statutory financial status for complex entities
- Support on ad-hoc projects
Education, Behavioural Competencies
- Professional Accounting qualification required. (ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent)
- Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years accounting/finance experience
- Finance personnel with hands on experience in IFRS, SOX and UK/Irish GAAP
- Knowledge and/or experience of tax concepts and principles
- Strong ability to analyse and understand large amounts of data
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to persuasively convey critical elements of complex issues
- Pharma experience preferred.
- Experience in dealing with organisational change in the accounting/reporting function
- Experience dealing with multi-location projects and managing third-party consultants
- Good accounting and finance process knowledge
- IFRS and local GAAP knowledge
- Experience working with shared services
- Good problem-solving capabilities to be able to translate complex set of decisions and change initiatives into a prioritised, integrated process transformation roadmap
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0041033