Quality Assurance Manager, Cell Therapy
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Quality Assurance Manager, Cell TherapyApply Now
The Quality Assurance Manager (Cell Therapy) is responsible for managing Quality Assurance activities for the Cell Therapy facility at Takeda Ireland Limited Grange Castle.
The Quality Assurance Manager (Cell Therapy) will work closely with other Quality Department personnel as part of the site Quality Department. The Quality Assurance Manager (Cell Therapy) may assume responsibilities in any of the Quality Department pillars, in accordance with business needs.
As with all site personnel, the Quality Assurance Manager (Cell Therapy) is responsible for promoting a culture of Regulatory Compliance and Continuous Improvement within the Quality Department and across the TILGC site.
The responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Manager (Cell Therapy) include the following:
- Management of the Quality Assurance (Cell Therapy) team, including Qualified Persons.
- Management of batch record review, batch disposition and material status control activities associated with the Cell Therapy product. These activities will take place 24/7.
- Assisting in, and facilitating, investigations as part of the site Deviation Management System, ensuring effective root cause analysis and assigning of appropriate CAPAs.
- Management of the Change Control process, ensuring controlled implementation of all GMP related changes.
- Management of QA oversight of manufacturing, testing and relating activities to ensure ongoing cGMP compliance.
- Ensuring effective participation of the Quality Assurance ((Cell Therapy)) team in production and other site meetings.
- Implementation of Key Performance Indicators within the Quality Assurance area to align with company and global quality objectives.
- Participation in the site Internal Audit programme.
- Participation in the preparation of, and hosting, external cGMP audits, e.g. from Regulatory Authorities and Global Quality.
- Participation in the preparation of documentation for regulatory submission and participation in regulatory affairs discussions.
- Taking a leadership role in promoting a culture of Compliance, Right First Time and Continuous Improvement.
- Implementing efficiency improvements in Quality Dept on a continuous basis and participating in site projects and initiatives.
- Communication and liaison with other TILGC departments on Quality issues (as required), providing guidance and support to others.
- Motivation, training, discipline and appraisal of Quality Assurance staff.
- Acting as a designee to the Head of Quality for Cell Therapy as required.
- Participate fully in any cross functional training initiatives.
- Drive and promote the corporate values of Takeda-ism within the workplace.
- Actively foster, in cooperation with other staff, an ethos and culture of safety awareness where safety is accepted as an integral part of the overall business. Ensure that Accident Reports / Near Miss Forms are completed in a timely manner after an event.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOP, reading, training and assessment.
- Other duties as required and directed by the relevant Manager or other Officer appointed by the Board of Directors.
- Primary Degree in Scientific discipline
- Qualified Person status is highly desirable but not essential
- More than 7 years’ experience working an aseptic environment in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably in a Biologics company
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a people management role
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice for aseptic pharmaceutical manufacture as described in current FDA & EMEA regulations.
- Demonstrable experience managing, motivating and leading a team.
- A high level of initiative is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
Grange Castle, Ireland
Job ID R0007843