QC Change Agent (Team Lead)Apply Now Job ID R0003778 Date posted 08/13/2018 Location:Dublin, Ireland
The QC Change Agent will drive the implementation of the Lab Excellence Program at Bray. This requires the drive to champion change within the area through the application of lean laboratory tools to ensure a successful change transformation within the QC laboratory.
- Support the implementation of Must Win Battles within the QC laboratory and support departments (when required) throughout TIL Bray.
- Ensure that the correct resources are utilised to support change initiatives.
- Ensure that the appropriate training and support is provided to personnel leading or supporting change initiatives.
- To support the establishment and monitoring of Key Performance Metrics (KPIs) for the QC laboratory.
- To interact with Lab Excellence Team members, reach out and facilitate best practise sharing between Takeda sites.
- Providing training in Lean Laboratory to TIL employees as and when required.
- The application of tools from the Lean/6 Sigma toolbox as appropriate
- Using data when making decisions on priority of changes.
- Linking the data to cost savings when making decision on priority of changes.
- Working with the site’s Agile team to actively address problems and share knowledge as a team.
Mindset and Behaviours:
- Ensuring staff understand how their actions contribute to business goals/results.
- Addressing the root cause of problems, not just the symptoms.
- Viewing problems as an opportunity to improve, not to blame.
- Application of from -> to behavioural model when looking at improving mindsets and behaviours.
- Promoting the giving and receiving of feedback within the work-stream so that it becomes part of everyone’s normal daily activities.
- Using influencing and communication skills to clear roadblocks that occur within the work stream.
Skillsets to be developed during role as Change Agent
- Coaching and influencing without power: has the potential to use a range of different influencing techniques and actively gives and seeks feedback
- Improvement mindset: exhibits a ‘there must be a better way, why don’t we try …’ mentality
- Communications skills: is able to listen to others´ issues and can work in team
- delivers fact-based and well-structured messages in a range of different formats
- Knowledge building
- Delivering impactful training to others
Project Management Skills
- Structured work planning; is able to build a plan and follow it
- Impact-driven: has strong commitment to deliver
Problem Solving Skills
- Structured and rigorous thinking; identifies key issues quickly and structures them logically
- Quantitative thinking; easily understands the quantitative relationships between the variables and can do order of magnitude estimates
- Innovative ideas; develops fresh & creative solutions to problems (thinking outside of the box)
- Participate fully in any cross functional training initiatives.
- Drive and promote the corporate values of Takeda-ism within the workplace.
- Actively foster, in cooperation with other TIL staff, an ethos and culture of safety awareness where safety is accepted as an integral part of the overall business. Ensure that Accident Reports / Near Miss Forms are completed in a timely manner after an event.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOP, reading, training and assessment.
- Other duties as required and directed by Manager, QC or other Officer appointed by the Board of Directors.
- Degree in Science preferable but not essential.
- Experience with continuous improvement initiatives within the QC laboratory environment.
- Experience in presenting / training preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal / communications skills
- Strong willingness to learn / apply new tools / techniques