Plant Technologist, Cell Therapy
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Plant Technologist, Cell TherapyApply Now
Reporting directly to the Team Lead Regenerative Medicines, the main purpose for this role is to perform GMP manufacturing operations for a strategic cell therapy product in Takeda’s new regenerative medicines facility in Grange Castle, Ireland (TILGC).
- Scope includes aseptic regenerative medicine manufacturing in a clean room environment including cell therapy products.
- Execute production activities: cell culture, cleaning, environmental monitoring, preparation of media and reagents according to cGMP for aseptic production and biological products.
- Complete daily manufacturing tasks following standard operating procedures and batch document instructions, completing forms, reports, logs, and records of equipment and batches as required.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOP, reading, training and assessment.
- Ensure all processing equipment and materials necessary are available, maintained and qualified as required for the different manufacturing activities.
- Ensure the integrity and quality of the products produced in compliance with operating procedures to meet all cGMP, regulatory, and safety requirements.
- Support material management activities (purchase, reception, storage, etc).
- Actively participate in problem identification, problem solving and change initiatives in cooperation with other teams and services. Continuous improvement with a cross functional focus is a core activity.
- Support investigations in manufacturing and technical deviations.
- Ensure the strongest environmental performance possible by proactively and constantly improving control strategies and engagement in own area of responsibility.
- Support achievement of overall operational readiness schedule adherence for the new regenerative medicines facility
- Other duties as required and directed by the Team Lead Regenerative Medicines, TILGC.
General Role Responsibilities:
- Support a culture of open communication, fairness and transparency.
- Participate in required training and qualification activities.
- Support continuous improvement mindset at TILGC.
- Support effective performance management and participate in multi-discipline shift huddle and shift handovers.
- Perform all operations in accordance with Takeda quality standards, GWPs, cGMPs and all other relevant policies, procedures, regulations and standards including Health & Safety and Environmental (HSE) Legislation.
- Foster a safe work environment, ensuring all colleagues maintain safety as a priority.
- Adopt the corporate values of Vision 2025 and Takeda-ism within the workplace.
- Required: laboratory / pharmaceutical manufacturing technologist
- Science, Engineering or BioChemistry degree or other relevant field of expertise an advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing in the field of aseptic manufacturing operations.
- Manufacturing experience in biopharmaceutical operations, preferably involving cell cultures or Regenerative Medicines.
- Desirable: strong background in cell / tissue culture, preferably with mammalian cell lines (human or animal) and primary cell culture
- Detailed knowledge of aseptic manufacturing operations, as well as Quality and HSE. Familiar with EU GMP regulations specific to aseptic manufacturing.
- Experience in electronic quality management and document systems (EQMS, EDMS), manufacturing execution systems (MES) and SAP an advantage
- Basic knowledge of MS Office applications
- Flexible, eye for detail, tidy, neat and organised
- Working hours from Monday to Sunday, including bank holidays
- Strong Quality orientation and safety focus.
LocationsGrange Castle, Ireland
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0031756