Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Plant Technologist Cell Therapy
Reporting directly to the Team Lead Regenerative Medicines, the main purpose for this role is to perform GMP manufacturing operations for a strategic cell therapy product in Takeda’s new regenerative medicines facility in Grange Castle, Ireland (TILGC).
- Scope includes aseptic regenerative medicine manufacturing in a clean room environment including cell therapy products.
- Execute production activities: cell culture, cleaning, environmental monitoring, preparation of media and reagents according to cGMP for aseptic production and biological products.
- Complete daily manufacturing tasks following standard operating procedures and batch document instructions, completing forms, reports, logs, and records of equipment and batches as required.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOP, reading, training and assessment.
- Ensure all processing equipment and materials necessary are available, maintained and qualified as required for the different manufacturing activities.
- Ensure the integrity and quality of the products produced in compliance with operating procedures to meet all cGMP, regulatory, and safety requirements.
- Support material management activities (purchase, reception, storage, etc).
- Actively participate in problem identification, problem solving and change initiatives in cooperation with other teams and services. Continuous improvement with a cross functional focus is a core activity.
- Support investigations in manufacturing and technical deviations.
- Ensure the strongest environmental performance possible by proactively and constantly improving control strategies and engagement in own area of responsibility.
- Support achievement of overall operational readiness schedule adherence for the new regenerative medicines facility
- Other duties as required and directed by the Team Lead Regenerative Medicines, TILGC.
General Role Responsibilities:
- Support a culture of open communication, fairness and transparency.
- Participate in required training and qualification activities.
- Support continuous improvement mindset at TILGC.
- Support effective performance management and participate in multi-discipline shift huddle and shift handovers.
- Perform all operations in accordance with Takeda quality standards, GWPs, cGMPs and all other relevant policies, procedures, regulations and standards including Health & Safety and Environmental (HSE) Legislation.
- Foster a safe work environment, ensuring all colleagues maintain safety as a priority.
- Adopt the corporate values of Vision 2025 and Takeda-ism within the workplace.
- Required: laboratory / pharmaceutical manufacturing technologist
- Science, Engineering or BioChemistry degree or other relevant field of expertise an advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing in the field of aseptic manufacturing operations.
- Manufacturing experience in biopharmaceutical operations, preferably involving cell cultures or Regenerative Medicines.
- Desirable: strong background in cell / tissue culture, preferably with mammalian cell lines (human or animal) and primary cell culture
- Detailed knowledge of aseptic manufacturing operations, as well as Quality and HSE. Familiar with EU GMP regulations specific to aseptic manufacturing.
- Experience in electronic quality management and document systems (EQMS, EDMS), manufacturing execution systems (MES) and SAP an advantage
- Basic knowledge of MS Office applications
- Flexible, eye for detail, tidy, neat and organised
- Working hours from Monday to Sunday, including bank holidays
- Strong Quality orientation and safety focus.