Incident Management Lead, EU/GEM/Japan
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Incident Management Lead, EU/GEM/JapanApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as our Incident Management Lead, EU/GEM/Japan.
As our Incident Management Lead EU/GEM/Japan, you will be responsible for the management of quality incidents to remediate risk.
You will ensure QAM and MAC forums occur in a timely maner with all required detail to facilitate decision making, ensuring appropriate, timely consistent decision making during the management of Quality Incidents
You will ensure compliance with regulatory reporting requirements. And implementation of CAPA actions to remediate defect issues
You will ensure required recall actions can remove the maximum percentage of impacted product from the market.
- Primarily responsible for managing the Global Incident Escalation Process and associated outputs.
- Owns Quality Incident record from beginning to end
- Assists sites / incident owners with information gathering and preliminary assessments
- Reviews incoming incident forms for accuracy and content
- Reviews and approves QAM and MAC slide decks
- Oversees QAM and MAC meetings and coordinates actions
- Assists Incident Management Coordinator with scheduling, record management and communications, where required
- Assists with decision making before, during and after an incident is escalated and liaises with relevant functions to ensure that the incident is logged, actioned and closed within the required timelines.
- Coordinates all actions coming out of the escalation meeting, including review and submission of regulatory notifications – FAR, BPDRs, PDRs, Type C Meetings etc.
- Acts as global lead for any Field Corrective Action resulting from the incident
- Liaison with Investigations team to monitor implementation of CAPAs and other actions
- Monitors performance of the Incident Escalation Process via periodic report-outs
- Assists with compilation of APQRs and Quality Councils and provides data to audit teams
- Responsible for global coordination of Field Corrective Actions, including recalls, DHPCs and market corrections.
- Establishes FCA team and and ensures that FCA actions are carried out according to procedures.
- Monitors effectiveness of recall and other actions and measures effectiveness via actual and mock recalls.
- Responsible for Quality Management and Continuous Improvement of QIM process
- Business Process Management of QIM, FCA, Defect Reporting, Product Hold and Drug Shortage Notification SOPs. Responsible for ensuring and monitoring business process effectiveness
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement, through weekly team meetings, BPM effectiveness, Bluebelt projects and ad hoc CI initiatives
Education, Behavioural Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific/engineering discipline with at least 5 to 7 years GMP industry experience, the majority of which is gained in the QA environment and includes manufacturing related experience.
- Working knowledge of Regulations, US and EU Regulations, including GMPs and GDPs
- Knowledge of GxP and regulatory reporting requirements and guidelines
- Use of Quality Risk Management methodologies, particularly risk assessment and root cause analysis
- Drive tenacious leadership behaviours through day-to-day activities and results focus
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with OpU, Regional and Global leaders
- Positive continuous improvement culture and knowledge of applicable methodologies including Blue- and GreenBelt projects
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0039808