Facilities & Utilities Manager
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Facilities & Utilities ManagerApply Now
The Facilities & Utilities Manager reports to the Head of Engineering with primary responsibilities for:
- Safe and efficient operation of site Facility & Utility Systems,
- Effective operation of site Waste Gas Abatement System in compliance with IEL.
- Leading continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the operations in Facility & Utility areas.
- Team management.
Facilities & Utilities:
- Responsibility for the operation and maintenance of all site utility systems on site, including but not limited to; Steam Boilers, Compressed Air, Heating and Cooling Systems, Nitrogen, Chilled Water.
- Responsibility for the operation and maintenance of all site Facility systems on site, including but not limited to; Access Control, Fire Alarm System, Pest Control, Security, Site Communications, Sprinklers, Grounds & Building Fabric Maintenance & General soft services.
- Responsibility for the maintenance of the site Electrical Generators.
- Oversee maintenance requirements associated with Tank Farm equipment.
- Maximise uptime of site utilities to support Manufacturing requirements.
- Ensure all regulatory compliance requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure correct spares are specified and maintained at adequate levels to maintain operations.
- Operate planned and unplanned maintenance systems as defined in Engineering Department procedures. Implement procedures for new equipment as required.
- Develop and implement maintenance strategies and plans for all equipment in Utilities.
- Manage Department performance against defined KPIs.
- Control and monitor safe working practices of team members and contractors while on site.
- Support the Technology Transfer initiatives for incoming new products. This requires good communication and close cooperation with key Technology Transfer personnel from other departments.
- Implement training programs and maintain up to date training records for all Facility & Utility personnel.
- Instigate maintenance improvement projects to improve availability and utility efficiency.
- Maintain effective document control systems for the department.
- Ensure compliance with the Quality Department Document Management System.
- Participate in the control of Safety and Environmental programmes. Adhere to safe working practices as set out in the Safety Statement and other company safety rules.
- Encourage actively the culture of teamwork and integration within the Engineering Department, and with all other Departments.
- Participate fully in cross-functional training initiatives.
- Provide regular reports on the activities of the Facility & Utility group to the Head of Engineering.
- Assist with the formation and control of operational budgets.
Environmental Health and Safety:
- Responsibility for operation and maintenance of site Waste Gas Abatement system in compliance with site Industrial Emission Licence.
- Leadership of site programmes to manage certain High Risk activities.
- Participate in site EHS activities and ensure that the Facility & Utility personnel comply with legislation and best practice.
- Actively foster an ethos and culture of safety awareness, where safety is accepted as an integral part of the overall business.
- Work with all GC personnel, contractors and visitors to ensure that all safety policies, procedures and regulations are fully adhered to across the site on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements as applicable to engineering/ maintenance systems.
- Ensure that team are well trained to safely and effectively carry out their roles. Develop training for relevant personnel with a particular focus on direct operational and technical support personnel.
- Preparation and delivery of training material as required.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOP training and assessment tasks.
- Ensure that all training and assessment is accurately and promptly recorded for themselves and other relevant personnel in accordance with TILGC procedures.
- Maintain and improve their professional knowledge base. Keep up to date with all current trends and relevant legislation.
- Participate fully in any cross functional training initiatives.
- Drive and promote the corporate values of Takeda-ism within the workplace.
- Actively foster, in cooperation with other TIL staff, an ethos and culture of safety awareness where safety is accepted as an integral part of the overall business. Ensure that Accident Reports / Unplanned Event Forms are completed in a timely manner after an event.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOP, reading, training and assessment.
- Other duties as required and directed by the relevant Manager or other Officer appointed by the Board of Directors.
- For the team manage the following:
- Goal setting
- Performance Management
- Time and Attendance
- Quality Conversations
- 3rd level Engineering, or equivalent, required.
- Knowledge of Utility systems typically associated with a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of Facility systems typically associated with a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility
- Knowledge of Maintenance practices and legislation for a pharmaceutical facility operating within Ireland/Europe.
- Five years maintenance management experience within a pharmaceutical facility.
- Experience with regulatory audits, in particular representing engineering type issues.
- Experience in developing work practices that reflect IEL requirements would be an advantage.
- Experience with ISO 45001 requirements would be an advantage.
- The ability to lead and direct others, as well as the ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to work in a highly regulated industry and strive for continuous improvement.
- The ability to implement strategies to resolve complex problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills coupled with ability to produce technical reports.
- Strong Quality orientation
- Well organised and adaptable to change.
- Safety focused
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Positive mindset.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a calm and measured manner.
- Woking knowledge of maintenance CMMS, e.g. SAP-PM.
LocationsGrange Castle, Ireland
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0025684