External Site Lead
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
External Site LeadApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an External Supply Lead in our Baggot St. Office in Dublin, IE.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- The External Supply Lead will provide oversight over an External Supply Team managing End to End Supply Chain between CMOs and Customers.
- The External Supply Lead will drive CMO performance to ensure smooth and Quality supply to patient.
- Lead an External Supply Team: External Quality, Supply planners, Technical Operations, Artwork, Regulatory
- Ensure on time in full market supply with GMP compliant product in line with regulatory and economical requirements
- Supply chain flows creation. Support launch activities
- Ensure adherence of contractual obligations by both Takeda and the CMO
- Key interface between Global/Regional Supply Chain (Planning, Distribution & Logistics, Procurement) Lead and/or participate in Projects/Initiatives across Global Manufacturing and Supply
- Drive Supply Chain optimisation KPIs. Accountable to build, maintain and meet KPI targets: On Time in Full; Inventories (APIs, Bulk, Finished Goods); Supply Chain Responsiveness; Customer Service Level; Minimise Inventory variances and write-offs
- Identify KPI root causes for misses & drive corrective actions
- Can supervise internal & external stakeholders in daily operations to drive change management, change control and deviation resolution
- Report CMO performance/gaps effectively to management.
- Master degree in life science, business, industrial engineering. MBA a plus
- 7-10 years in Logistics/Materials Management in biotech/pharmaceutical industry with CMO management experience
- ERP experience including SAP-APO
- APICS certification (or equivalent)
- Good Project Management skills. Green Belt/Black belt
- Sound knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Cultural awareness: able to build strong internal and external relationships in an international environment
- Experience in leading international & interdisciplinary teams in matrix organisations
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D- driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realise their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0056821