Engineering Technician - P2
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Engineering Technician - P2Apply Now
The P2 Engineering Technician is responsible for providing technical support for the safe and efficient maintenance of Drug Product, API and Packaging equipment in a high containment Oncology plant, operating to HPRA and FDA standards.
- Ensure API, Blending, Capsule Filling, Primary and Secondary Packaging equipment, as well as vision, serialization and high containment systems are set up and maintained to appropriate standards.
- Work with flexibility within the Engineering Department and in co-operation with other Departments.
- Promote lean maintenance best practices at all times within a continuous improvement environment.
- Assist in developing and improving new and existing maintenance routines within a cGMP environment.
- Carry out planned/unplanned maintenance on production and utilities equipment.
- Carry out calibration of equipment as required
- Proactively follow up on re-occurring technical issues.
- Use of the computerized maintenance management system to record in detail maintenance activities on equipment/utilities in compliance with regulatory & cGMP requirements.
- Execution of work orders and calibrations as scheduled through the computerized maintenance management system.
- Daily reporting of maintenance activities at shift meetings, ensuring issues and open items / concerns are communicated in a timely and concise manner.
- Participate in Safety and Environmental training programs and initiatives. Adhere to safe working practices as set out by the Safety Statement and other company safety rules.
- Maintaining compliance with site procedures and policies.
- Participate fully in any cross-functional training initiatives and mentor operations personnel at all times.
- Available to respond to ‘call out’ as per a pre-defined Rota if required.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with all the departments’ customers on site.
- GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively foster, in cooperation with other TIL staff, an ethos and culture of safety awareness where safety is accepted as an integral part of the overall business.
- Participate fully in any cross functional training initiatives.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOP, reading, training and assessment.
- Drive and promote the corporate values of Takeda-ism within the workplace.
- Other duties as required and directed by the Maintenance and EHS Manager or other Officer appointed by the Board of Directors.
- EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- A suitable qualification in a mechanical or electrical engineering discipline.
- Minimum of an apprenticeship with a minimum of 5 years’ experience and or an engineering degree.
- RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years maintenance experience in a pharmaceutical environment.
- SAP CMMS experience an advantage.
- Multiskilled experience, mechanical / electrical.
- Proven track record of high performance & delivering results.
- The determination and drive to sustain current best practices and the ability to identify develop and implement future best practices
- Interest in continuous improvement.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Customer service and task focused.
- Comfortable working shift and on call.
Grange Castle, Ireland
Job ID R0025286