EHS TechnologistApply Now Email Me Job ID R0007121 Date posted 02/05/2019 Location:Dublin, Ireland
To ensure all tasks are carried out at all times in compliance with relevant Health & Safety and Environmental Legislation. This also includes TILGC EHS policies, procedures and regulations and any other standards to which TILGC subscribes.
Organisation of Waste, which includes but is not limited to:
- Tanker Management - Organisation, Filling and Dispatching of Bulk Liquid Waste
- Organisation and Dispatching of Hazardous (Solid and Bulk Liquid) and Non-Hazardous Waste Collections
- Provision of assistance to Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality departments in relation to the collection, labelling, movement and storage of waste
- Organisation of Waste Compounds/Storage Areas
- Document Control and upkeep of Waste Databases
- Working to EHS standards in relation to storage and handling of waste
Environmental Compliance, which includes but is not limited to:
- Completion of daily site environmental checks and walk arounds
- Proactive response to and reporting of non-compliances
- Data input to environmental databases
- EHS Support, which includes but is not limited to:
- Support the role of the EHS Engineers during periods of incident investigation, site audits and leave
Operation of the Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP), which includes but is not limited to:
- Proactive monitoring and operation of the WWTP
- Assist in the development and updating of procedures (SOP’s & EOP’s)
- Sample Collection and in-house analysis in the WWTP laboratory
- Assist in problem solving and participation in incident investigations as part of the EHS team
- Liaising with Manufacturing and Engineering departments to ensure smooth operations of the WWTP
- Working in compliance with the IEL and Environmental, Energy, Health & Safety and Quality Policies and Procedures
Quality Systems and GMP
- Ensure that activities do not in any way compromise GC quality standards, cGMPs and all other relevant policies, procedures, regulations.
- Obtain prior approval from Plant Team Leader/Designee (or other appropriate responsible person) before carrying out any work in a manufacturing or other operational area.
- Understand how activities could have potential GMP consequences.
- Ask, if in doubt, about any particular practice or unusual finding.
- Participate fully in any cross functional training initiatives.
- Drive and promote the corporate values of Takeda-ism within the workplace.
- Actively foster, in cooperation with other TIL staff, an ethos and culture of safety awareness where safety is accepted as an integral part of the overall business. Ensure that Accident Reports / Unplanned Events Forms are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOP, reading, training and assessment.
- Other duties as required and directed by the relevant Manager, or other Officer appointed by the Board of Directors.
- Third level qualification in Environmental Science or Health & Safety an advantage
- ADR Licence preferable
- Experience in chemical handling
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical or similar regulated environment would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills coupled with good ability to logically solve problems
- Must be capable of working as part of a very flexible team in a demanding, regulated environment
- Forklift Licence an advantage
Grange Castle, Ireland