EHS Specialist (FTC)
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
EHS Specialist (FTC)Apply Now
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven pharmaceutical company committed to bringing better health and a brighter future to patients by translating science into life-changing medicines.
Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on oncology, gastroenterology and central nervous system therapeutic areas plus vaccines.
Takeda Ireland’s Grange Castle campus is expanding with the recent announcement of a new extension to our new cell therapy manufacturing facility.
Two new temporary contract positions have been created within the site EHS team with a primary focus on strengthening our EHS management programmes and providing additional EHS support to meet site expansion.
The primary purpose of these positions is to:
- Assist & drive the implementation of ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 Management Systems on site.
- Implement standardised and comprehensive EHS programmes across the site that meet best practice and compliance obligations.
- Provide technical support and drive the implementation of new processes & compliance systems related to all aspects of environmental management programmes across site and in accordance with the Industrial Emissions Licence.
Candidates should have at a minimum at least 3-5 years experience in a similar role.
- Holds a degree in Environmental Science or Health & Safety or Chemical Engineering and has/is working as an EHS Specialist/SME within a Pharmaceutical /Chemical manufacturing facility.
- Has relevant experience of working towards ISO 14001/45001 certification
- Is passionate about EHS and achieving excellence and has demonstrated this in previous projects and employment.
- Is strong technically and has a “hands on” approach to EHS and demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Has an entrepreneurial approach and is comfortable working in teams or on their own initiative to deliver rapid results & improvement.
- Has a positive collaborative working style
- Has excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Is flexible and willing to take on other tasks and duties as required by the demands of the business.
- Is results driven and has the ability to handle complexity and multiple priorities.
- Experienced in the implementation and execution of successful EHS programmes that drive continuous improvement within manufacturing operations and align with current & future EPA & HSA compliance requirements.
- Ideally is an SME in a particular area such as Environmental Management, Process Safety, High Risk Work, Ergonomics or otherwise.
- Implement ISO 14001& 45001 Management Standards.
- Implement & update existing programmes to align with new Corporate EHS Standards.
- Ensures that site operations are carried out at all times in compliance with the sites EPA Industrial Emissions Licence.
- Support EHS CAPA development and closure.
- Develops and delivers EHS training to the site.
- Provides technical EHS support & expertise to all Departments and personnel on site.
- Deputises for other members of the EHS team as required.
- Participates in the site Emergency Response programme and supports continuous improvement activities.
- Other duties as required by the EHS Manager.
LocationsGrange Castle, Ireland
Worker Sub-TypeFixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0025700