Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
AGILE ChampionApply Now
- As a member of the Business Excellence site/functional team, become an AGILE expert.
- Drive and actively implement AGILE initiatives which belong to one or more AGILE workstreams in the GMS and GQ organization.
- Deliver the AGILE program at site/function realising business improvements and engaging all employees.
- Participate in AGILE Community of Practice (COP), sharing best practices accross the network.
- Be a champion of change at site/function:
- Upon two to three years of successful term in this role, AGILE Champions will be considered as viable candidates for the next best-fitting opportunities to further progress their careers in the organization.
Deploy AGILE program across Grange Castle:
- Establish common understanding of AGILE program and 5 workstreams.
- Collaborate with workstream leads and owners to understand key programs for deployment and applicability to site/function.
- Participate in the strategy deployment process at site/function to understand strategy and support translation into AGILE activities in roadmap.
- Actively support the delivery of the AGILE roadmap and wave initiatives, developing skills through co-leading initiatives and eventually lead AGILE projects
- Participate in AGILE bootcamps learning key skills necessary for workstream activities
- Develop own capabilities in AGILE as detailed in AGILE Champion certification document
- Visit other sites occasionally to learn, share, and replicate good practices.
- Be a “new pair of eyes”; provide feedback and receive feedback.
- Support and assist other AGILE Champions for the sites and functions in their AGILE journey
- Actively share best practises through AGILE sharing tools and Community of Practice (CoP).
Site AGILE roadmap:
- Support creation of site roadmap detailing AGILE activities which will be executed in the fiscal year in collaboration with the site/functional Leadership Team.
- Ensure roadmap initiatives are present on SPOT reporting tool.
- Lead elements of the AGILE roadmap and AGILE 4.0 Wave initiatives under the guidance of the site BE Lead.
- Coach AGILE concepts and mindsets and behaviors across the organization, including Senior Leadership.
- Participate in site/functional workshops to improve coaching capabilities.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Knowledge of Bio-pharmaceutical operations
- Logical thinker
- Excellent communication abilities
- Influences change and supports others in the change management process
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Inform decision making, all significant AGILE decisions at site/function will be taken by Business excellence.
- Develop business acumen during their tenure in AGILE to understand business impact and develop decision making capabilities.
- Responsible for developing their problem solving capabilities.
- Interacts with all levels of the organisation and collaborates strongly with other AGILE Champions
- Develops strong relationships with key stakeholders across the Takeda network.
- Inquisitive disposition
- Capable of connecting workstream activities to maximise AGILE impact
- Passionate about digital technology
- Shares openly and learns from others.
- Capable of operating across company culture
- English language abilities or ambition to become proficient in english.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated passion for not accepting the status quo and self-driven to improve the business
- Courage of conviction and open to critical feedback
- Recognized as individual that demonstrated consistently strong performance over time and an aptitude for learning agility
- A natural leader, comfortable networking and connecting people.
- Agile learner with proven abilities to put theory into practice
- Project management capabilities
- Strong facilitation and organisation abilities
- Excellent listening capabilites
LocationsGrange Castle, Ireland
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0034113