Head of Finance - ICMEAApply Now Email Me Job ID R0013191 Date posted 10/13/2019 Location: United Arab Emirates
OBJECTIVES / PURPOSE
- Forecast, track and drive ICMEA financial performance
- Shape and implement the mechanisms so the ICMEA Financial performance is know and understood.
- Elevate financial capabilities across ICMEA and support business with right financial tools and information
- Drive one Takeda culture by being a role model and ensure all financial incentives and way of working build on our values.
Leadership / People: Direct Reports - 5 at area | Indirect Reports - 35+ across countries
Geographic Scope: Regional - ICMEA | Countries - Ukraine Cluster, Asia/Caucasus, India, Turkey, Maghreb, Middle East, South Africa
- Being a strategic Finance partner to the ICMEA business.
- Drive the annual planning processes and prepare for the governance meeting reviews. Ensure the Area performance is well understood and the different critical decisions have the right financial analysis.
- Leading, motivating and developing the finance team in area level (4 to 6 people) and LOC/Cluster finance teams
- Elevate the financial capabilities across the Region, introduce mechanisms to mitigate risks.
- Ensuring all in country finance processes are robust and the control environment is strong to meet Takeda requirements
- Developing and/or implementing Financial planning and analysis processes across the region to ensure that the business is financially aware and responsible
- Working with the Head of ICMEA and the ICMEA LT on establishing Takeda’s presence in the region through re-negotiating / exiting existing partnership and establishing LOCs in priority markets
- Participating in the Commercial LT meetings ensuring financial performance is well-understood, budgets and forecasts
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- Manage very senior stakeholders and Governance process seamless for the LOC/Clusters
- Decision making and implementation.
- Build Takeda culture and financial capabilities.
DIMENSIONS & ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Excellent analytical skills applied to a broad range of business and industry issues.
- Ability to model scenarios for business cases and accounting values
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively – capacity to provide pragmatic solutions and have the drive and leadership to implement ideas through to successful conclusion.
- Ability to lead and drive change in a developing business environment and challenge existing practices while making sound financial decisions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary for daily interaction with senior management, distribution partners and LOCs across all functions and geographies.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage conflicting demands and appropriately prioritize.
- Excellent team leadership and ability to manage across borders.
- Ability to handle change effectively and deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to achieve results through influence and persuasion.
- Demonstrated customer Service focus – understanding of customer needs and desire to meet/exceed expectations
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Making Recommendations and presenting solutions on financial issues to senior management to influence strategic decisions
- Responsibility for key legal entity finance deliverables across multiple countries
- Dealing with ongoing expansion plans, acquisitions and meeting the businesses changing requirements
- Report to Area Head and dotted to VP Finance ICMEA
- Regular liaison with Senior Management from across the region, GEM and Takeda
- Regular liaison and consultation with Controlling team/ Group Finance/Tax/Treasury
- Management of Internal and External audit teams
- Important travel requirements