Oncology Territory Manager - Minnesota
Deerfield, Illinois, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Farmington, Minnesota, Duluth, Minnesota, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, Minnetrista, Minnesota, Maple Grove, Minnesota, Lakeville, Minnesota
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines.
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business units are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Join us and discover a career that is life-changing for you – and life-changing patients all over the world.
Takeda’s Brooklyn Park manufacturing facility provides long-term strategic benefits by enhancing Takeda’s capacity to manufacture additional commercial products and investigational drugs under clinical development. This plant allows Takeda to establish and develop direct commercial bio-manufacturing expertise, and is poised to be a world-class biologics drug substance production facility. When fully constructed, it will be a 215,000 square-foot facility manufacturing multiple antibody products, including Entyvio.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
Heart of Innovation
The sharing of expertise by employees who have decades of experience with younger colleagues is an essential part of our work culture, playing an important role in both fostering strong community relations, and also in ensuring we maintain the quality of our products.
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Oncology Territory Manager - MinnesotaApply Now
- Directly responsible for the sales of assigned product(s) within respective franchise team within their entire geography, including academic institutions and community practices
- Develops and leads the execution of a strategic business plan to achieve their sales target within their geography
- Promotes highly technical and innovative product(s) to a sophisticated audience while being dedicated to meeting and exceeding sales objectives
- Represents a consistent “Patient First” approach to business activities and relationships
- Responsible for the education and sales of product(s) to physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other health care providers (HCPs) and for implementing the organization’s strategies, plans, and tactics
- Responsible for the training, managing and coaching of promotional speakers within their assigned territory
- Implement overall marketing and brand strategy for targeting and deployment of resources to key customers
- Formulate effective strategies to achieve sales goals and product positioning goals within target accounts
- Manage and train all promotional speakers within assigned geography which includes nominating, training, coaching and engaging with HCPs who deliver on-label promotional programs throughout the year, as well as ensuring adherence to speaker contract requirements
- Provide on-label clinical data to influence appropriate use of assigned product
- Initiate and develop business relationships with high level decision makers and other influential groups
- Formulate strategies to effectively utilize account-specific targeted marketing materials to educate and address the needs of key stakeholders
- Create account-specific business plans and strategies to appropriately gain access to key stakeholders
- Provide real-time analysis and input on market conditions to Home Office colleagues for the development of targeted marketing strategies and materials
- Apply conceptual and practical expertise in in own functional/technical area to implement plans and achieve individual, team, and organizational sales goals
- Maintain a high degree of competence in the areas of product knowledge, disease states of coverage, industry/competitive landscape, and organizational structure
- Analyze data and prepare subject matter for business reviews
- Act as a technical/functional subject matter resource for colleagues and customers, and continue to acquire higher level functional/ technical skills
- Complete accurate reporting and submit in a timely manner including, but not limited to the following: monthly territory action plan, expense reports, monthly itinerary, sample inventory, request for professional speakers, budget tracking tool
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all internal stakeholders, including but not limited to the following: clinical nurse educators (CNEs), product marketing, corporate account executives
- Utilize company resources in a prudent fashion, consistent with all company guidelines
- Report all adverse events related to products in a timely, compliant manner
- Maintain a high level of comprehension around the distribution and delivery system for oral molecules, as well as the interface between specialty pharmacy and provider, and the functionality of the in-office dispensing model
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of oncology or other related specialty pharmaceutical selling experience
- Large geography account management experience in oncology with emphasis on key large oncology community practices, as well as academic and NCI / NCCN cancer centers
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- High comprehension of scientific knowledge and the ability to communicate with medical professionals in a compliant manner
- Strong computer and technical skills and the ability to navigate software programs to process and analyze territory specific data
- Maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Previous launch experience in oncology with oral molecules
- Established rapport and relationships in geographic area desired
- Previous experience in oncology oral compounds and distribution
- For solid tumor (Alunbrig) OTM position => previous oncology/solid tumor selling experience
- For hematology (Ninlaro, Iclusig) OTM position => previous oncology/hematology selling experience
- Range from 30-80% travel depending on specific territory
Brooklyn Park, MN, Duluth, MN, Farmington, MN, Lakeville, MN, Mankato, MN, Maple Grove, MN, Minnetrista, MN, St. Paul, MN
Job ID R0010221