US Insights & Analytics, Leukemia Franchise Lead
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
US Insights & Analytics, Leukemia Franchise LeadApply Now
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
As a member of Takeda Oncology, your work will contribute to our bold, inspiring vision: We aspire to cure cancer. Here, you’ll build a career grounded in purpose and be empowered to deliver your best.
This position is responsible for consulting US Oncology Business Unit (US OBU) leadership, proactively leading, creating and delivering integrated insights across primary and secondary market research, and competitive intelligence. The position is expected to bring strong leadership in specialty marketing analysis, brand planning, situation analysis, advanced analytics, scenario planning, and project management and cross-functional alignment skills. The role is a critical position demanding experience in consultative influence utilizing varied approaches to modeling and sources of data and methods, engaging stakeholders at all levels.
It is critical that this role bring proactive insights & analytics solutions. This position leverages their technical expertise to project manage and provide operational excellence, to 1) Engage consultative influence, 2) Create cross-source insights, recommendations and alignment for action, 3) Develop analysis of business need, knowledge gaps, primary and/or secondary research, to fill prioritized gaps, 4) Communicate those integrated insights to relevant stakeholders across Takeda, and 5) leverage data and specialty expertise in at least one segment (Patient or Medical (Healthcare Professional or Payer)) external analysis, with internal market planning, strategic or tactical work streams for long-term impact. Responsibilities associated with commercial insights include leading cross-functional teams in predicting and planning solutions to achieve successful execution, driving the team to achieve clarity on issues and action, consulting influence with senior management. This requires the ability to exercise decisiveness in selecting critical strategic elements of executive decisions, collaboration and alignment in methods for study of strategic elements, prioritization of competing strategic/tactical needs, strong budget/scope/program management, strong consultative influence skills.
Furthermore, he or she acts as an internal Subject Matter Expert (SME), requiring consultative skills, to meet specific commercial processes and the discipline of Market Research. Advanced understanding of primary market research methods, industry ethics and compliance, and specialty medicines is required, as well as bench strengths in primary research consulting/execution in at least one customer specialization (Patient or Medical (Healthcare Professional, Payer)).
- Proactively identifies strategic and tactical knowledge and market research consulting needs of US OBU, establishing both long-range and short-term business impact.
- Serve as a dedicated member of the Integrated Franchise Team (IFT), responsible for leading Insights & Analytics for a disease area.
- Develops, implements, and maintains project management of primary research in OBU
- Collaboratively prioritizes and builds an integrated market research plan for at least one stakeholder (Patient or Medical (Healthcare Professional, Payer)).
- Provide oversight and accountability on all processes related to procurement, vendors, compliance, pharmacovigilance and budget management activities in execution of each research program.
- Supervises compliance of relevant SOP and industry ethics for OBU operations
- Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of quality, comprehensiveness, and timeliness of all process outputs.
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking learning/training, compliance and safety programs
- Executes other ad hoc tasks assigned by Insights & Analytics leadership
- Sets and provides clear direction in methods, recommendations and secures stakeholder buy-in.
- Develops and manages expectations, highlighting and resolving issues and ensuring regular communication of processes enhancements.
- Aligns, monitors and reports one team-specific project delivery, expenses, and other insights operation metrics
- Proactively identifies methods to improve efficiency and quality with respect to Project Planning and Management within OBU, and influence via leadership across global peers.
- Proactively develops and implements new and innovative solutions to meet business needs and resolve business issues.
- Builds internal stakeholder relationships from a variety of groups (i.e. marketing, sales, data systems, procurement)
- Additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 5+ of relevant work experience inclusive of 2+ commercial experience within pharmaceuticals, Market Research, Market Access, Pricing, Launch Planning and project management B.A./B.S. scientific, commercial or social science education.
- Demonstrated leadership skills managing matrix teams, influencing outcomes in strategic and tactical decisions, specific to marketing in specialty pharmaceuticals
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with senior management.
- MBA preferred but not critical
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of best practices and leadership in specialty pharmaceutical commercial business operations, metrics, measurements, and the use of market research to drive decision-making in commercial strategy and tactics to achieve a leadership position.
- Demonstrated leadership in synthesis of primary and secondary market research, forecasting synthesis, competitive intelligence and data management to advise the development, execution and to monitor specialty pharmaceutical leadership status.
- Knowledge of best practices in tracking current and future competitive environment and generating competitive intelligence insights that will enhance decision making & increase forecast accuracy.
- Able to lead in a matrix-working culture
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence in a consultative role
- Proactive ability to perform advanced analytics and scenario planning to identify patterns within the data, uncover insights/brand opportunities and articulate actionable recommendations
- Proven consultative influence, communication and presentation skills – organizational, written and verbal
- Expertise in primary market research methods as they pertain to low sample size and integration with specialty pharmaceutical data sources and syndicated analysis
- History of managing multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously
- Able to delegate effectively
- Proven advanced skills in utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word
Able to drive to or fly to various meeting sites, including overnight trips, up to 20%. Some international travels will be required.
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0023098