US Commercial Insights and Supply Strategy – Plasma Derived Therapies, Rare Disease
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
US Commercial Insights and Supply Strategy – Plasma Derived Therapies, Rare DiseaseApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a US Commercial Insights and Supply Strategy Lead in our Plasma Derived Therapies, Rare Disease Business Unit in our Cambridge, MA office.
Do you find fulfillment in helping rare disease patients with unmet needs? Do you have a passion for working across teams and functions, bringing new insights from data and driving business presentations to ensure the Business Unit objectives are met? TheUS Commercial Insights and Supply Strategy Lead is a great opportunity to shape and lead across 8 key Plasma Derived Brands; analyzing their key trends and the downstream supply reliability for our patients.
This Insights and Supply Strategy Lead will work in a dynamic, fast-paced and intense matrix environment with partners across the organization. This role will serve as the commercial liaison and leader responsible for the evergreen forecasting of supply / demand for US Plasma Derived Therapies Business Unit.
This role serves as the advisor to the broader PDT organization on the key commercial aspects of the Brands’ demand, channel, pricing and inventory positions. Strong cross-functional collaboration across functions including Finance, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Customer Service, Managed Markets, Global Strategy, and Commercial Brand Teams to educate, advocate and recommend processes, tactics, strategies to improve overall sustainability of supply/demand dynamics. This individual serves as an educator to the broader organization as they posses the unique ability to understand the interconnectivity of the broader industry, commercial execution teams and internal processes to ensure reliability of product.
You must have high level of accountability and leadership skills as well as experience with analytical modelling. To be successful in this role, you must have appreciation for detail and high emotional intelligence.
This position will lead the evergreen forecasting of supply / demand for US Plasma Derived Therapies Business Unit to support current and future commercial objectives. Specifically, that includes responsibility for the following:
- US and Puerto Rico supply vs. demand outlooks for all plasma derived products, including: GAMMAGARD LIQUID, GAMMAGARD LOW IGA, HYQVIA, CUVITRU, CEPROTIN, GLASSIA, ARALAST and FLEXBUMIN
- Commercial business lead for evergreen forecasting of supply vs. demand with Finance, Supply Chain and Commercial Brand Leads
- Commercial liaison to inform /own weekly supply and demand modeling, presenting consistent updates to commercial leadership and ensuring alignment with cross functional partners (specifically internal Supply chain and global plasma strategy)
- Collaboration with Finance and Managed Markets on daily/weekly product releases to customers (as needed)
- Work with communications and commercial leaders to update FDA and internal communications as needed for supply scenarios
- Liaison between U.S. Commercial, Global Strategy and Plasma Derived Therapy teams
- Support scenario planning and sensitivity development for risks and opportunities with appropriate analyses
- Maintain knowledge of various data sources and market research reports to identify risks and opportunities
- Knowledgeable of industry forecasting trends and evaluate if they are appropriate to incorporate into forecast models
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree; Recommend 5+ years of experience in Pharma or Biotech industry, 3+ years of analytics preferred
- Rare disease commercial and/or cross-functional experience
- Strong communication skills, including presenting concepts and ideas in a clear, succinct, and organized manner
- Ability to lead and influence cross functional teams; Ability to successfully work in cross-functional teams, including internal supply chain, communications, market access legal, marketing and strategy teams
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills a must; ability to manage complex and lengthy excel modeling
- Strong results orientated work ethic with a demonstrated ability to successfully lead project teams and manage tight timeliness
- Ability to build and foster relationships in an environment around teamwork/collaboration
- Ability to understand market trends, financial data, and customer needs and assess new information quickly
- Knowledge of the healthcare regulatory environment and demonstrated ability to place controls to ensure compliance to guidelines.
- Ability to attend internal meetings
- Overnight travel
- Travel up to 10%
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0053800