Sr. Scientist, Computational Biology
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Sr. Scientist, Computational BiologyApply Now
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Sr. Scientist, Computational Biology, you will be empowered to provide leadership and global functional expertise for projects in the Takeda portfolio.
The Senior Scientist will be part of a team focused on computational biology support of discovery research and translational science. S/he will apply expertise in computational biology, sequencing, and genomics, to support gene therapy projects focusing on but not limited to rare disease discovery and development projects. This position is part of a global computational biology team supporting target identification and translational research efforts at Takeda.
- Provide bioinformatics support for biologics products such as gene therapy and RNA therapy related tasks, including codon optimization, off-target prediction, immune response, predicting bioavailability, etc.
- Being a highly motivated computational biologist to contribute to cross-functional project team, working closely with colleagues from cell/molecular biology, translational research, discovery and clinical teams.
- Evaluating existing methods and select the right ones based on project needs. Also, if necessary, design and implement new methods to address project-specific needs.
- Applies computational biology analyses to large scale internal and external genetics and genomics data to support or falsify target hypotheses and support patient and indication selection and biomarker development.
- Writes study reports and presents data effectively in all settings and with participants of all levels of the organization.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- PhD or equivalent in computational biology or similar area with Post Doc and at least 5 years of working experience after post-doc
- Solid understanding of gene editing, genetic variation in human diseases. Knowledge on genetic basis on rare diseases is a plus.
- Fluent in the use of R, Bioconductor, Python, and/or other languages commonly used for statistical genetics and computational genomics analyses.
- Must be expert in utilizing of various types of human and non-human (mouse, cyno) genetic/sequence datasets (e.g. GWAS, CNVs, Rare variants, etc.).
- Be an expert in sequencing data analysis such as RNAseq, DNAseq, scRNA-seq, WES, etc.
- Must be expert in developing and utilizing Machine Learning algorithms as applied to biology
- Knowledge of structural bioinformatics and flux balance analysis is a plus
- Accountability – takes responsibility for his or her own performance and accepts full ownership of issues, problems, and opportunities, regardless of the source.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation, including ability for divergent thinking and the propensity to question to traditional methods, processes, and products, as well as build on others' ideas.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal sensitivity, and negotiating skills
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs.
- Able to work in a lab environment
- Up to 20% travel, both domestic and internationally may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please
Job ID R0014468