Sr Mgr External Supply Quality
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Sr Mgr External Supply QualityApply Now
Title: Senior Manager External Supply Quality
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as at our Cambridge Location.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
This position has responsibility for Quality Assurance, and support of Quality Control (as applicable), for external Oncology and Small Molecule manufacturing (contract manufacturing organizations, or CMO) and external testing (contract test labs, or CTL), inclusive of API, DP, packaging and labeling activities, located within the US/North American region
- Support the establishment of the strategy
- Plans for the ESQL Quality organization
- Meet the Quality and OpU vision and objectives,
- Assist in establishing priorities,
- Building a regional patient-centered best in class organization,
- Execute on Quality Improvement projects.
- Accountable for the product quality performance at designated CMOs, to ensure compliance and quality risks are identified, communicated and mitigated, and are an integral part of business decisions consistent with cGMP and Takeda Global Quality Standards.
- Responsible for product quality performance through product and supplier Quality Risk Management, deviation/investigation review, change management, APQR evaluation, supplier auditing, Key performance Indicators (KPI) and other Quality processes and tools as required. Maintain product and process. Supports an environment of continuous improvement.
- Accountable for supplier quality management practices to support the outsourced manufacturing and testing model in the respective regions
- Executes a clear and unifying vision for the ESQL area to assure product and process compliance. Fosters enthusiasm, commitment and dedication to the unifying vision within the team
- Supports and champions implementation of compliance strategies, quality plans and Commercial Quality Assurance programs for the management of Takeda outsourced material procurement, product manufacturing/packaging operations to assure the quality and compliance of Takeda and partner products.
- Represent Takeda to make decisions on acceptability of quality programs and ongoing activities at the CMO.
- Communicate quality and compliance expectations for CMOs and CTLs; performing strategic systems reviews and coordinate risk/benefit analyses of supplier processes and systems to assure compliance with cGMP’s and Takeda Quality System expectations.
- As necessary works with specific Takeda representatives to assure compliance with country-specific requirements/regulations for the packaging of product for represented markets
- Support and maintain a broad network of relationships within Takeda’s global environment. Represents Takeda and senior management at corporate and regional meetings, as necessary, with Regulatory Agencies, industry groups and business partners.
- Works with ESQL team to support and/or lead audits of CMOs or CTLs, including development or audit reports and review of the acceptability of CMO/CTL and corrective actions..
- Provide oversight in the assessment of changes or deviations for Takeda products, to assure compliance to regulatory commitments, assessment and evaluation of risks, appropriate disposition of product, and correction or improvement of operations to minimize future risks.
- Maintain awareness of relevant legislation and regulatory guidelines and assures that QA supplier management programs, systems and controls are reviewed and updated as needed to assure compliance. As necessary, confirms requirements and regulations of other Takeda markets in support of manufacturing, testing and packaging activities.
- Ensure successful and timely completion of all product submissions, launches and new Takeda initiatives within Takeda, as well as at our contract manufacturing, packaging and labeling operations.
- Assist with FDA or other regulatory inspections of Oncology, Small Molecule External Supply,, other Takeda facilities or third party suppliers associated with the commercial product supply chain. May represent Takeda during regulatory inspections, as needed.
- Identifies key trends and emerging issues at suppliers and implements corrective actions as needed.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Biology or related discipline and minimum 10 years of QA/QC experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or QA/QC laboratory environment.
- At least 2-4 years of direct people management experience is desired
- Expertise in cGMPs, ICH and other pertinent regulations
- Project Management expertise desired
- Communication – ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner.
- Analytical Skills – ability to thoughtfully analyze a wide variety of information and data to make key decisions regarding potential risks associated with product quality or regulatory violations.
- Leadership – ability to effectively lead and motivate a team of direct reports, provide a unifying vision, build on strengths, and address areas for improvement.
- Teamwork – ability to establish professional relationships and rapport with internal and external peers and higher-level management
- Proactiveness – ability to anticipate potential problems and risks related to commercial product operations, investigate solutions, and implement preventive actions.
- Regulatory Understanding – knowledge of domestic and general knowledge of international regulations associated with manufacturing and packaging
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Core Competencies / Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Current on local and global regulations
- Digital and analytical skills
- Investigation and problem solving
- Good communication skills engaging stakeholders: site, business, network, company, regulators
- Risk identification, evaluation and management
- Continuous improvement
- Leadership Behaviors
- Enterprise thinking, finding innovative ways to serve patients build reputation and trust
- Creating the environment that inspires and enables people
- Focusing on the few priorities and provide results
- Elevating capabilities for now and the future
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0013011