Sr. Manager PV Processes
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Sr. Manager PV ProcessesApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Sr. Manager PV Processes in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Sr. Manager PV Processes working on the PV Services team, you will be empowered to Create and Strategize. A typical day will include:
- Oversee operations performed by the PV BPO vendor including contract compliance, quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Serve as a primary liaison and point of contact for vendor operations and vendor oversight, including vendors performing case management, case intake (i.e., Call Centers), scientific literature review, etc.
- Serve as the primary liaison and point of contact for vendor operations including the PV BPO vendor and/or vendors performing case management, case intake, literature review; call centers
- Provide Subject Matter expertise (SME) during audits and inspections in the areas of case processing/case management activities, literature monitoring, legal case processing, vendor oversight, etc.
- Provide leadership and oversight on case management for the Global PV Operations Team to ensure adverse event information is processed according to company timelines and quality standards
- Oversee regulatory submissions for ICSRs from the Global Safety database, on-time delivery of adverse event reports to global Health Authorities, alliance partners, local operating companies (LOCs) including SUSAR and SAE communication to ECs and investigators as applicable
- In partnership with the Global Standards and Compliance team, direct and manage communication with alliance partners, LOCs and CROs regarding the evaluation and processing of ICSRs
- In partnership with the Global Standards and Compliance team, lead and direct the review and approval of alliance partner safety data exchange agreements for the inclusion of appropriate safety reporting requirements
- Ensure overall performance of the department and compliance with global regulatory requirements by implementation of appropriate SOPs, processes, metrics, and monitoring of performance and compliance, and training at a global level
- Oversee and direct reconciliation processes for case exchange with LOCs and alliance partners
- Lead PV relationship with PV BPO vendor and/or vendors performing case management to ensure compliance with SLAs
- Support LOCs in PV tasks responding to queries and requests regarding case handling
- Interface with commercial quality for product complaints; assist in obtaining follow-up when necessary for adverse events, product quality complaints or other safely information
- Direct relationship with and output of BPO partner(s) in accordance with SLA
- Liaises with financial / project management for budget planning
- Approve actual invoices and confirm accuracy of spend and bills
- Coordinate clinical and project management case processing teams to assess / predict case volumes to ensure staffing planning at vendor
- Lead planning for ad-hoc case processing related projects e.g. Legal cases or AE/SAEs generated through marketing surveys
- Lead and facilitate regular joint operating committee meetings to review / address issues if needed for:
- Adherence to KPIs and SLAs
- Forecast demand
- Issue escalations
- Continuous improvement initiatives
- Change management
- Manage / review delivery against MSA terms
- Monitor global KPIs and SLAs
- Ensure quality of deliverables across teams
- Represent voice of vendor to PV function
- Provide guidance to delivery teams
- Maintain operating manual (describing operating rules with vendor)
- Lead change management and ongoing training
- Establish and manage vendor oversight procedures
- Partner with QA to establish and manage BPO vendor quality agreement procedures include vendors performing case management/intake activities or literature review and surveillance
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s required. Advanced degree in scientific/medical field preferred.
- Good cross cultural understanding and experience
- Experience in people management and well developed skills in teambuilding, motivating and developing people.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiation and consensus decision making
- Critical thinking and analytical skills and ability to make key decisions
- Demonstrated effectiveness in external partner relationship management
- Understanding of medical/scientific terminology
- Good knowledge of PV regulations for the global pre-and post-market, i.e. FDA, EMA, ICH GVP
- Experience with safety databases, including MedDRA and WHO Drug
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible mindset
- Team worker with collaborative approach
- Ability to prioritize under pressure
- Well-developed organizational skills
RN or Pharmacist preferred
Some travel to global Takeda sites may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0013332