Sr. Manager Assistant Controller - Plasma Derived Therapies
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Sr. Manager Assistant Controller - Plasma Derived TherapiesApply Now
Assistant Controller - PDT
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Assistant Controller - PDT in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- The Assistant Controller will be responsible for the supervision of US GAAP reporting, statutory accounting, SOX, controlling, and internal control compliance for Plasma Derived Therapies BU.
- Will support the Controlling organization partnering and directing PDT R&D, SG&A, and Bio life organizations on accounting standards as well as internal controls, liaise between the corporate finance functions (Corporate Controllers Group, Tax, Internal Audit, Treasury) and PDT Finance organizations.
- The Assistant Controller will be part of the center of Controlling Excellence for PDT and will provide support to ERP projects, legal entity integrations, and various other finance integration initiatives.
- Ensure that US GAAP / IFRS and statutory financial requirements across PDT footprint are standardized, delivered, and adhered to in line with corporate financial policies and local accounting regulations.
- Provide accounting advice and guidance to all PDT organizations, particularly in complex areas as TechOps and R&D.
- Active support of business development activity from finance due diligence and accounting perspectives; liaising with the multi-disciplinary teams within the company, and external accountants, during the evaluation and acquisition phases.
- Set and track proper controls for the Month, Quarter, and Year-end process. Ensure that books are closed in a timely manner and compliant with company policy. Manage, and maintain month-end process checklists across all PDT Finance.
- Compliance Steward, including Sarbanes Oxley, controls, support as per business requirements internal and external audits.
- Lead overarching Governance Process for Statutory Accounts, Government statistics, and submissions, Corporation tax & VAT compliance
- Manage Balance sheet reviews
- Interface with Corporate Services. Promotion of financial statements from SAP into corporate
HFM reporting system.
- Perform Monthly/Quarterly/Annual corporate reporting
- As part of Key the center of Controlling Excellence for PDT, function as a key contact for
integration projects: ERP systems integration, legal entity consolidation, other finance projects
- Cooperation with Internal and External Auditors. Partner with internal Tax and Treasury teams
for tax/treasury related – CIT, TP, VAT, bank accounts and cash balances, etc.
- Build a solid PDT Controlling partnership.
- Make recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES, AND SKILLS:
- CPA, Finance, Economy or similar Bachelor’s Degree with 4 to 6 experience in Biotech/Pharma and/or Multinational company.
- Professional qualification (ACCA, CPA, or equivalent) will be a strong asset
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP and S-Ox is essential.
- Proficient in JD Edwards, SAP, or another ERP system, Hyperion, Blackline, and HFM.
- Accounting, Audit, Controlling, Reporting, IT systems, Project management, internal/external control.
- Previous “Big 4” Accounting/ consulting experience a plus.
- Willingness to travel business (~10% of the time).
- Cambridge, MA
This job posting excludes CO applicants
- Less than 10%
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0036329