What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix
Engage Others Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences.
Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
Drive for Results Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
Strategic Approach Makes sound decisions that are consistent with our mission, values and organizational objectives.
Lead Change Proactively evaluates, promotes, and initiates change that creates value for patients, the organization, and our shareholders.
Self Awareness Seeks feedback from others, modifies self-perceptions and actions based on this feedback, and actively develops skills and behaviors to enhance contribution.
Develop Capabilities Seeks opportunities to develop oneself and others so that we can continue to achieve sustained growth.
Takeda builds strong, borderless and empowered teams through fairness and promoting shared goals. By working together, we optimize energy and can lead the change for a better world.
Takeda implements bold initiatives on a daily basis by striving for continuous improvement and encouraging enthusiasm and creativity. This value speaks to attracting the best minds in the industry that are committed to delivering novel therapies to patients worldwide.
Takeda respects and includes a broad range of people and ideas in its daily operations. Our organization encourages each individual to act with empathy and to apply their unique skills to realize the company’s true potential.
Takeda's drive comes from perseverance, urgency and a strong desire to contribute to patients. We put this passion to work in everything we do and demonstrate courage to fight for ideas and objectives to raise the quality of our solutions, create stronger ties with our stakeholders, and deliver results.
Takeda works to meet its responsibilities to stakeholders on a daily basis. We provide adequate support and challenge to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that help more people around the world.
Takeda appropriately shares information and promotes honest, sincere dialogue with stakeholders to build trust. This trust enables us to strengthen our relationships with employees and external communities.
Inspired by Patients
Corporate Citizenship Activities
News and Events
Moving Mountains My Story and Why I’m ClimbingMoving Mountains
I oversee Corporate Communications at Takeda Oncology, a company committed to discovering and developing treatments for patients with cancers
One Vision: We aspire to cure cancer.
Takeda Completes Acquisition of ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc., significantly enhancing our global oncology portfolio and reinforcing our commitment to develop medicines for patients living with cancer.
Rushing Toward a Cure (RTC) launched in 2006 in partnership with the Patriots Radio Network (WBZ 98.5) and our local chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). With RTC, Takeda Oncology contributes a set financial donation to the LLS for every 100 rushing yards gained by New England during the pre, regular and post-seasons. This money helps fund vital blood cancer research, patient services and education programs.
More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. ranks among the top 15 pharmaceutical companies in the United States. Our larger U.S. offices are in Cambridge, MA, Deerfield, IL, and San Diego, CA. Research & Development employees in our Cambridge location focus on oncology, gastroenterology, immunomodulation, biologics, translational research, and external innovation. In March 2016, we opened our newest space at 300 Massachusetts Avenue, featuring 230,000 square feet of state-of-the-art office and lab space.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
- Design and execute laboratory studies in support of Biologics process development, process scale-up and process scale-down
- Recognize problems with experiments, suggest causes, and propose solutions.Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses of experimental procedures, data, and conclusions.
- Coordinate information exchange between functional groups within Takeda including Analytical Development, Formulation Development and Quality Assurance.
- Design and perform a wide variety of technical procedures and operate a wide variety of lab instrumentation/computer platforms with minimal supervision.
- Effectively analyze and summarize experimental outcomes, record experimental procedures and raw and analyzed data Write experimental protocols and laboratory SOPs
- Coordinate efforts between internal and external teams such as Analytical Development, Formulation Sciences, manufacturing operations, Quality Control and Quality Assurance Participate in collaborations with contract manufacturing and testing organizations (CMOs/CTOs).
- Develop methods to improve existing techniques and/or efficiencies
- Train and provide work direction to other Research Associates
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- MS in Physical or Life Sciences with a minimum of 4 years industry experience, or a BS in Physical or Life Sciences with a minimum of 6 years industry experience.
- Detailed knowledge of theoretical basis and objectives of experiments and how they fit into overall project goals
- Knowledge and skills in microbial and/or animal cell culture and protein and/or virus purification required
- Training and experience in laboratory scale process science including process scale-up and scale-down required
- Maintain familiarity with current applicable scientific literature and contribute to the process of a project within her/his scientific discipline, as well as investigate, create, and develop new methods and techniques for project advancement.
- Personal motivation to expand applicable scientific knowledge through reading and by attending seminars and research meetings.
- Experience with cell culture techniques including manual cultivation of cells in small scale flasks and operation of stirred tank and/or packed bed bioreactors OR experience with purification techniques including cell harvest technologies, preparative chromatography and normal and tangential flow filtration techniques required.
- Experience with single-use cell culture and/or purification technologies strongly desired
- Experience with analytical methods used in support of process development strongly desired
- Experince with the execution of viral clearance studies strongly desired
- Working knowledge of Biologics cGMPs including ICH guidance documents strongly desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Well organized and detail oriented, able to effectively prioritize, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment, and consistently demonstrate reliability and responsibility.
- Good time and project management skills, ability to oversee several projects simultaneously.
- Comply with Takeda safety practices and standard operating procedures.
- Exhibit and promote Takeda Core Competencies.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.