Senior Manager, Oncology Data Acquisition
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Senior Manager, Oncology Data AcquisitionApply Now
Takeda Oncology is seeking a highly data driven, passionate and self-motivated individual to join our Decision Intelligence & Innovation team and work at our Cambridge, MA HQ. This Senior Manager will report to the Head of Decision Intelligence & Innovation and will partner closely with the Oncology Business Unit (OBU) functional leads and business stakeholders.
This Senior Manager will be responsible for the development and implement of Oncology Business Unit data acquisition strategy to maximize insights and efficiencies. This individual will work as a cross-functional partner with business unit and supporting functions, advocate for appropriate use of data according to industry best practices, and align data purchases and priorities clearly to business priorities into single trusted source of commercial data. Develop and implement processes to conduct evaluation of new sources. Act as a motivational leader ready to drive results and decisions in a cross-functional setting while adhering to the data strategy.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Manager, Oncology Data Acquisition include:
- Develop and manage the overall strategic direction and roadmap for US Oncology data acquisition strategy and data assets
- Partner with stakeholders across the OBU functions to identify opportunities for leveraging central data to drive business decisions and business process optimization
- Advise and advocate for, appropriate use of data across US OBU functions, according to industry best practices
- Own the relationship and process for acquiring data from third party providers (Symphony, IQVIA, Prognos, DRG, etc.)
- Keep up-to-date on emerging data and integration for pharmaceuticals; anticipates future business needs
- Lead the assessment of data vendors and coordinate across business functions
- Define and track KPIs and ensure consistent usage to support business stakeholders
- Manage external data operations including sourcing, provisioning, access controls, use-case evaluations
- Develop training materials and supporting documentation to enhance data literacy across the organization
- Own the external data applications (e.g. Symphony Vantage, CapGemini LiquidHub) and product roadmap
- Continually evaluate the needs of the business and make budgetary recommendations on spend changes with regard to data, vendors or planned analysis.
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to coordinate cross-functional analysis and data acquisition.
- Continually update knowledge of industry data sources that could be used to improve Takeda Oncology’s commercial analysis.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Bechelor’s degree with minimum 5 years of data management and governance experience required.
- Experience in pharmaceutical healthcare and/or pharma healthcare consulting industry with focus on data strategy, management and data integrity.
- Experience in the pharmateutical industry with expert knowledge of secondary data sources and suppliers in the US market, such as IQVIA, Symphony, Prognos, DRG, etc.
- Deep expertise in external data assets (including medical claims and specialty pharmacy) to enable brand strategy and insights
- Excellent influencing skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with key business partners, IT leadership teams, and external service providers
- Strong data strategy and governance experience with pharmateutical business knowledge in definiting and advancing the Data Management and Analytics capabilities
- Solid business acumen, understanding of what are the key business drivers that will generate desired results.
- Having a “growth mindset” and open to new challenges and constructive feedback. Always learning and turning problems into opportunities.
- Familiarity with business intelligence and data warehousing principles and techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent verbal, written communication & presentation skills
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0014718