Senior Director, Head of Global Compliance, Global Regulatory Affairs
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Senior Director, Head of Global Compliance, Global Regulatory AffairsApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Director, Head of Global Compliance in our Global Regulatory Affairs team out of our Cambridge, Massachusetts office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Director, Head of Global Compliance working on the Global Regulatory Affairs team, you will foster, build, and maintain a culture of compliance within Regulatory Affairs and across our network. A typical day will include:
This important position is part of Global Regulatory Affairs (GRA) and reports to the Vice President, Global Regulatory Operations and Cross-Functional Optimization. The Senior Director, Head of Global Regulatory Compliance will:
- Meet or exceed global health authority requirements and expectations across the product life-cycle and serve our patients
- Lead all key elements of the Takeda and vendor/partner regulatory compliance and quality management system across all Global Regulatory functions and ensure alignment with global strategic initiatives and systems related to regulatory quality and compliance.
- Strategic partner with the Global Regulatory Affairs organization in the development and monitoring of regulatory labelling compliance processes and systems.
- Lead and manage day-to-day compliance support for GRA and/other business groups that may be appropriate, including audits and inspections and support for global regulatory compliance activities.
- Partner with Takeda Quality and Compliance organization to ensure effective implementation of the Global Quality and Compliance systems within Global Regulatory Affairs
- Collaborate with GRA Business Operations team members to establish compliance oversite and monitoring of any outsourced or vendor/partner relations who perform regulatory operations in accordance with Takeda GRA systems and processes.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerabilties and risks related to GRA functions and processes and develop strategic initiatives and/or mitigation plans to reduce risk.
You are a great fit for this opportunity if you are engaged and energized by:
- Building, engaging and and providing leadership to an outstanding and diverse team of compliance champions. Being responsible for the professional accomplishments and development of global regulatory compliance organization.
- Ensure effective processes/procedures are established and implemented across all regions. Ensure positive reinforcement mechanisms are implemented to engage staff to be compliant
- Review periodically compliance and quality operational metrics to identify emerging trends, and develop and implement appropriate action plans to ensure continuous improvement and sustained compliance. Communicate issues/trends to GRA leadership.
- Consistently foster and exhibit exemplary leadership behaviors, inclusiveness and ethics
- Manage and lead critical GRA projects for QMS, compliance and strategic initiatives and other, as needed, for strategic and operational optimization and compliance
- Ensure effective collaboration with and serve as an RA compliance advisor to other functional partners within Global Quality and the Global Development Office (PV, Clinical Development Operations, Clinical Supplies Management, and Development Support) to support the culture of compliance.
- Partner with relevant internal and external partners and interface with all disciplines in the identification and understanding of the interfaces between the different functions in respect to GRA activities. Ensure business critical compliance gaps identified are closed.
- Establish a labelling compliance function that ensures the effectiveness of the labelling processes and that critical regulatory labelling content is implemented within local country product labelling to ensure the safety and effectiveness of our products to our patients. Identify potential areas of labeling compliance vulnerability and risk and taking proactive steps to address.
- Oversee and monitor fulfilment of our commitments to Regulatory Authorities
- In partnership with Global Regulatory Intelligence and Policy (GRIP) and SME(s), interpret and communicate regulatory QMS and compliance requirements and lead the gap assessment and implementation of new or revised cGxP regulations, impacting Takeda GRA processes and procedures.
- Establish, manage and measure the creation and implementation of life-cycle controlled quality documents and training learning plans for the implementation of Takeda’s Global Quality systems within the GRA function and the Local Operating Company Regulatory affairs personnel.
Facilitate creation, implementation and maintenance supportive process related documents (e.g. “How we work in RA”).
- Responsible for regulatory inspection or internal audit readiness for dedicated GRA/QMS/labelling/GxP inspections/audit. Ensure all inspection and audit issues related to Global RA and findings are addressed adequately. Partnering with LOCs and global cross-functional partners in local inspection/audit activities as needed. Oversee corrective and preventative action plans (CAPAs); and supporting regional/LOCs in addressing issues identified in CAPAs as needed
- Collaborate with training assets to ensure that training processes are compliant with relevant GRA/Local LOCs regulations. Leading development of training material and perform training as needed for internal/external stakeholders in relation to compliance and overall compliance activities. Ensuring the development of core competencies and measurement of performance (according to national law) against departmental goals and expectations
- Effectively implement, train and monitor the Regulatory affairs roles within Takeda Global Quality Management systems and process, ; i.e. change control, quality event management and CAPAs, documentation control and compliance training.
- Identify potential areas of CMC compliance vulnerability and risk. Effectively monitoring and evaluating compliance risks as opportunities as it relates to the compliance of GRA CMC processes and strategic initiatives.
- Develop mitigation plans to proactively reduce risk in partnership with critical stakeholders, as needed.
- Maintain an expert, current knowledge of regulations, legislation, best practices and guidelines relating to Regulatory Affairs as well as GxP, Annex 11 and 21 CFR Part 11 validated systems.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a science or business-related field is required.
- 12+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical industry, with 10+ years in Regulatory Affairs, research and development, quality assurance/compliance is required.
- Formal experience in the management and facilitation of inspections and audit procedures.
- Ability to identify proactively and anticipate risk of non-compliance in a complex environment.
- Experience in implementing or performing assessments of compliance to processes and procedures
- Understanding in the Pharmaceutical development as it relates to regulatory affairs role within GxP global regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of global health authorities, regulations, product approval and life-cycle processes for major markets and of pharmaceutical and regulatory affairs requirements and practices.
- Direct experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related field required
- Previous experience leading a medium to large organization and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders is a plus
- Proven track record of leading and driving business process transformation and organizational culture change as well as delivering on programs with complex business deliverables
- Strong management and interpersonal/communication skills, with a proven ability to deal effectively with a variety of personnel
- Track record of successful leadership, management, and development of large, multi-disciplinary globally dispersed teams. Strong judge of talent with the ability to make important talent decisions.
- Health care business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
Job ID R0021048