Senior Dir - Global Head, Cell Therapy Commercialization
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Senior Dir - Global Head, Cell Therapy CommercializationApply Now
Discovering, developing and delivering transformative oncology therapies is a never-ending pursuit. We’re achieving more together. We are looking for a proven leader to bring forth our exciting cell therapy pipeline, to market so that patients worldwide could benefit from these game changing innovations.
The Senior Dir of Global Cell Therapy Commercialization will be responsible for leading the commercialization of Takeda Oncology’s global cell therapy portfolio. This includes gaining a deep understanding of the global cell therapy landscape and shaping Takeda Oncology’s presence in this space.
This person will work closely with a multitude of functional groups, including but not limited to Clinical Development, Regulatory, Global Oncology Marketing, Global Oncology Patient Value Policy & Access, Outcomes Research, Legal, Global Medical Affairs Oncology, and regional commercial leaders to develop, and ensure organizational alignment with, the cell therapy commercialization strategy.
This is an important and highly strategic role in the organization. In the context of a rapidly evolving global pharmaceutical environment, Increased sophistication in this area will greatly enhance Takeda’s ability to be more responsive to evolving market pressures and changes and to support product value, drive utilization, and improve profitability.
- Lead, develop, and execute the global commercial strategy from program initiation through launch planning for Takeda Oncology’s global cell therapy portfolio that includes identification of key market issues, critical success factors, positioning and messaging, including competitive strategies and global marketing tactics. The initial launch product in the portfolio is currently scheduled for launch in late 2024.
- Ensure effective execution of prelaunch planning activities necessary to successfully support market entry. Create and champion the commercial cell therapy vision and direction to support the oncology global business.
- Lead, develop, and execute strategies and plans related to clinical data mining, positioning and dissemination.
- Establish global key opinion leader advisory boards and working with professional societies to establish standards of care supporting new products.
- Partner with Global Planning & Insights to identify global market research needs, align on market research plans, and translate competitive intelligence into product strategies and forecasting assumptions.
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing or science required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years of pharmaceutical and/or healthcare experience with a minimum of 3 years in global marketing, new product commercialization, business development, or a combination of the above
- Global product commercialization experience of 2+ years is required
- Track record and strong knowledge of successfully defining, developing and launching new products or existing products into international pharmaceutical markets. US market understanding and experience a plus.
- Understanding and knowledge of the drug development, global regulatory agencies and commercialization process for specialized products (oncology preferred).
- Ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis of complex marketing initiatives including market and competitive analysis, regulatory and IP reviews, technology assessment, customer needs, and primary/secondary research sources to support hypothesis.
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0036998