Senior Business Analyst, Development and Medical
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Senior Business Analyst, Development and MedicalApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Business Analyst, Development and Medical in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Senior Business you will be empowered to consult with business process improvements. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission by developing scope definition and advising with setting business priorities for changes and system implementations. A typical day will include:
- Consults with business processes improvements within area of responsibility.
- Develops scope definition and advises with setting business priorities for changes and system implementations.
- Solves problems, advises about operational needs and gives expertise on business processes opportunities.
- Consults on identifying, investigating and problem solving, uses Business Process Mapping, discusses and escalates issues appropriately.
- Advises stakeholders to prioritize requirements and to ensure the total solution delivered to the customer meets/exceeds expectations.
- Executes and integrates small to medium-scale changes and requirements in the delivery of projects.
- Provides input into project budgets and reporting within own area.
- Uses sophisticated analytical approaches and independent judgment to proactively identify and assist in prioritizing opportunities to streamline business processes.
- Analyzes, documents business requirements and provides business IT consulting support to Business from area of responsibility.
- Follows company and departmental policies, procedures and ensures documentation according the Takeda Quality Management Systems (QMS), Software Development Life Cycle and Project Life Cycle standards.
- Interacts with department/project team members by advising to help make decisions and may lead less complex projects
- Works independently with stakeholders to prioritize requirements and is primary resource on complex issues within a clear framework of accountability.
- Establishes relationships with colleagues within the Global IS/IT Organization (PMO’s, EADS and ITIO) and is influential in analyzing issues and guiding on solutions within ongoing processes.
- Builds and maintains relationships with Business Stakeholders.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 4-6 years relevant experience.
- Familiarity with regulated systems – general level of understanding of systems validation.
- Ability to write and speak in the English language.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, business acumen with analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Practice efficient time management and coordinates tasks, working in an international environment.
- Understanding of how IT efforts are tied to achievement of business goals.
- Knowledge of relevant business solutions.
- Business Analyst and/or Project management experience.
- Ability to prepare and execute business meetings virtual, face-to-face, cross functional, local or global to ensure meeting required deliverables.
- Experience in communicating effectively to business and IT leaders on content, context, process and decision making.
- Professional in-depth knowledge of business processes in the pharmaceutical industry within functional area.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0013536