Scientist I Immunology
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Scientist I ImmunologyApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Scientist, Immunology in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist on the Drug Safety Research Evaluation team, you will be empowered to provide leadership and global functional expertise for projects in the Takeda portfolio.
- Help us make safer therapies | The Investigative Toxicology group is seeking a talented and highly motivated scientist with a background in immunology. The scientist will work as part of a cross functional team dedicated to delivering safer & more effective medicines to treat diseases with unmet medical need.
- Deliver decision-making data | The next generation of life changing medicines include oligonucleotides, gene and cell therapies. The successful candidate will develop and implement cutting-edge in vitro assays to detect & de-risk immune-mediated toxicities for next generation medicines in discovery & development.
- Help shape the next generation therapies | The candidate will identify, evaluate, and implement new techniques and instrumentation to improve risk assessment and help shape the evolution of next generation therapies.
- Develop and implement innovative in vitro assays to elucidate mechanisms of immune-mediated toxicities, improve risk assessment, and support Takeda’s diverse portfolio.
- Assess the safety and efficacy of cell therapy products (CAR-T/NK cells) in vitro using established protocols for immunophenotyping, proliferation, cytokine secretion, and target cell killing.
- Design and execute in vitro assays to evaluate innate and adaptive immune responses to therapeutic oligonucleotides and gene therapy vectors
- Analyze and interpret experimental results and present findings at multidisciplinary project team meetings
- Partner with key allied functions (e.g., DMPK, discovery scientists, process development) for strategic design and implementation of experimental plans and protocols
- Provide a high level of subject matter expertise through familiarity with current scientific literature
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in an electronic laboratory notebook
- Write and review technical reports, research protocols, SOPs, IND sections and scientific manuscripts for publication
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPENTENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS or MS in immunology, cell biology, toxicology or related discipline with 6-8+ years of relevant research experience.
- PhD in immunology, cell biology, toxicology, or related discipline with no required industry experience.
- Mastery of conventional mammalian cell culture techniques (cell lines and primary cells) is essential. Experience culturing and expanding primary human T and NK cells is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of in vitro assays to evaluate innate and adaptive immune function .
- Experience with multi-parameter immune profiling platforms including flow cytometry, Luminex, and/or MSD.
- Ability to design and implement fit for purpose assays that provide insight into the mechanisms of drug-induced toxicity and inform mitigation strategies.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a cross-functional team.
- Broad scientific knowledge including pharmacology, toxicology, pathology, physiology and biochemistry.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0032141