What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix
Engage Others Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences.
Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
Drive for Results Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
Strategic Approach Makes sound decisions that are consistent with our mission, values and organizational objectives.
Lead Change Proactively evaluates, promotes, and initiates change that creates value for patients, the organization, and our shareholders.
Self Awareness Seeks feedback from others, modifies self-perceptions and actions based on this feedback, and actively develops skills and behaviors to enhance contribution.
Develop Capabilities Seeks opportunities to develop oneself and others so that we can continue to achieve sustained growth.
Takeda builds strong, borderless and empowered teams through fairness and promoting shared goals. By working together, we optimize energy and can lead the change for a better world.
Takeda implements bold initiatives on a daily basis by striving for continuous improvement and encouraging enthusiasm and creativity. This value speaks to attracting the best minds in the industry that are committed to delivering novel therapies to patients worldwide.
Takeda respects and includes a broad range of people and ideas in its daily operations. Our organization encourages each individual to act with empathy and to apply their unique skills to realize the company’s true potential.
Takeda's drive comes from perseverance, urgency and a strong desire to contribute to patients. We put this passion to work in everything we do and demonstrate courage to fight for ideas and objectives to raise the quality of our solutions, create stronger ties with our stakeholders, and deliver results.
Takeda works to meet its responsibilities to stakeholders on a daily basis. We provide adequate support and challenge to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that help more people around the world.
Takeda appropriately shares information and promotes honest, sincere dialogue with stakeholders to build trust. This trust enables us to strengthen our relationships with employees and external communities.
Medicine for the World
Inspired by Patients
Corporate Citizenship Activities
News and Events
Moving Mountains My Story and Why I’m ClimbingMoving Mountains
I oversee Corporate Communications at Takeda Oncology, a company committed to discovering and developing treatments for patients with cancers
One Vision: We aspire to cure cancer.
Takeda Completes Acquisition of ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc., significantly enhancing our global oncology portfolio and reinforcing our commitment to develop medicines for patients living with cancer.
Rushing Toward a Cure (RTC) launched in 2006 in partnership with the Patriots Radio Network (WBZ 98.5) and our local chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). With RTC, Takeda Oncology contributes a set financial donation to the LLS for every 100 rushing yards gained by New England during the pre, regular and post-seasons. This money helps fund vital blood cancer research, patient services and education programs.
More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. ranks among the top 15 pharmaceutical companies in the United States. Our larger U.S. offices are in Cambridge, MA, Deerfield, IL, and San Diego, CA. Research & Development employees in our Cambridge location focus on oncology, gastroenterology, immunomodulation, biologics, translational research, and external innovation. In March 2016, we opened our newest space at 300 Massachusetts Avenue, featuring 230,000 square feet of state-of-the-art office and lab space.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Scientist, Analytical Development, Cell Therapy in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist, Analytical Development, Cell Therapy working on the Pharmaceutical Science Cell Therapy team, you will be empowered to build a world class cell therapy team and a typical day will include:
This scientist position will play an important role in developing analytical methods for developing cellular therapy products. Independently plans and executes assay development, characterization and qualification studies. Prepares study protocols, reports, technology transfer documentation, and regulatory documents for clinical trials. Presents study results at team or department meetings, to external partners or at conferences.
- Understands project timelines and deliverables and plans/coordinates project work accordingly with departmental, functional and external stakeholders
- Provides technical leadership to project teams within area of expertise and commits resources to execute specific project tasks.
- Contributes significantly and independently to project work which may include multiple projects within functional area.
- Reviews, interprets and communicates data cross-functionally within CMC and/or project teams.
- Plans and implements resolutions to technical problems/issues
- Represents functional area on GCT project teams by communicating activities from designated functional area to project team
- Supports local and global initiatives which may include leading initiatives or work streams
- Serves as a technical resource for junior staff and leverages expertise in laboratory technology as a functional resource/trainer.
- Independently designs and executes experiments, and reports results
- Assists with development of project strategy and communicates complex data/decisions within department and cross functionally as necessary
- Builds and maintains relationships with key vendors and assists with technical aspects of vendor negotiations
- Proactively analyses manufacturing issues and coordinates potential resolution with the CMC team.
- Responsible for integrating scientific/technical efforts around cross-functional issues
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 8+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 6+ years relevant industry experience
- PhD in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, chemical or biomedical engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 0+ years relevant industry experience
- Experiences in developing and executing cellular characterization assays and demonstrated expertise in one of the following areas - flow cytometry, multiplexing soluble protein platforms, RNAseq and/or single cell characterization platforms.
- In-depth knowledge and experiences in T cell immunology or stem cell biology (e.g. iPSC culture and differentiation) is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of viral transduction process and viral analytics is strongly preferred
- Understanding and experience of analytical assay validation is a plus.
- Previous exposure to GMP manufacturing of cell therapy or biological products, or participation in technical transfer of clinical processes to a CMO, or tech transfer of product release & characterization or clinical assays to a CRO, or other third party is a plus
- At least 2-4 years of biopharmaceutical industry experience in a development setting is preferred
- May require approximately 5-10% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Explore the Area
Check out where you could be
working if you apply.