What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix
Engage Others Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences.
Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
Drive for Results Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
Strategic Approach Makes sound decisions that are consistent with our mission, values and organizational objectives.
Lead Change Proactively evaluates, promotes, and initiates change that creates value for patients, the organization, and our shareholders.
Self Awareness Seeks feedback from others, modifies self-perceptions and actions based on this feedback, and actively develops skills and behaviors to enhance contribution.
Develop Capabilities Seeks opportunities to develop oneself and others so that we can continue to achieve sustained growth.
Takeda builds strong, borderless and empowered teams through fairness and promoting shared goals. By working together, we optimize energy and can lead the change for a better world.
Takeda implements bold initiatives on a daily basis by striving for continuous improvement and encouraging enthusiasm and creativity. This value speaks to attracting the best minds in the industry that are committed to delivering novel therapies to patients worldwide.
Takeda respects and includes a broad range of people and ideas in its daily operations. Our organization encourages each individual to act with empathy and to apply their unique skills to realize the company’s true potential.
Takeda's drive comes from perseverance, urgency and a strong desire to contribute to patients. We put this passion to work in everything we do and demonstrate courage to fight for ideas and objectives to raise the quality of our solutions, create stronger ties with our stakeholders, and deliver results.
Takeda works to meet its responsibilities to stakeholders on a daily basis. We provide adequate support and challenge to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that help more people around the world.
Takeda appropriately shares information and promotes honest, sincere dialogue with stakeholders to build trust. This trust enables us to strengthen our relationships with employees and external communities.
Inspired by Patients
Corporate Citizenship Activities
News and Events
Moving Mountains My Story and Why I’m ClimbingMoving Mountains
I oversee Corporate Communications at Takeda Oncology, a company committed to discovering and developing treatments for patients with cancers
One Vision: We aspire to cure cancer.
Takeda Completes Acquisition of ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc., significantly enhancing our global oncology portfolio and reinforcing our commitment to develop medicines for patients living with cancer.
Rushing Toward a Cure (RTC) launched in 2006 in partnership with the Patriots Radio Network (WBZ 98.5) and our local chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). With RTC, Takeda Oncology contributes a set financial donation to the LLS for every 100 rushing yards gained by New England during the pre, regular and post-seasons. This money helps fund vital blood cancer research, patient services and education programs.
More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. ranks among the top 15 pharmaceutical companies in the United States. Our larger U.S. offices are in Cambridge, MA, Deerfield, IL, and San Diego, CA. Research & Development employees in our Cambridge location focus on oncology, gastroenterology, immunomodulation, biologics, translational research, and external innovation. In March 2016, we opened our newest space at 300 Massachusetts Avenue, featuring 230,000 square feet of state-of-the-art office and lab space.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
- Conceive, design, and direct the execution of vaccine discoveryprograms
- Lead team of Ph.D. scientists and research associates to execute and complete vaccine discovery project objectives
- Support existing vaccine projects in pre-clinical and clinical development including development of lab-scale processes, analytical methods for vaccine characterization and preclinical and clinical immunogenicity and efficacy evaluation.
- Author reports to support regulatory filings.
- Establish and direct collaborative projects with other Takeda functions, academic and industry collaborators
- Lead discovery activities for one or more project to develop candidate live-attenuated, inactivated, or recombinant vaccines through pre-clinical evaluation.
- Effectively manage a team of Ph.D. scientists and research associates, including promoting a culture of team accomplishment and providing career development.
- Design program and lead team to execute complex vaccine development activities in support of regulatory filings for new vaccine candidates or those already in clinical development, including:
- Lab-scale processes for seed virus generation and antigen production.
- Analytical method development to quantitate potency and characterize vaccine components
- Immunogenicity and efficacy models and immune assays to quantify immune responses in pre-clinical studies.
- Novel immunogenicity and virology assays for exploratory clinical endpoints
- Analyze, interpret and summarize complex data and contribute to project decisions.
- Propose, establish and lead collaborative projects with academic and corporate collaborators or CROs.
- In collaboration with clinical development, design and execute R&D studies to characterize human clinical immune responses to candidate vaccines in development.
- Collaborate with process development and CMC in the transfer of analytical methods and vaccine candidates.
- Contribute as Discovery representative on one or more Global Project Teams
- Present project plans, status and results in internal and external meetings and publications.
- Other duties as required.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. in a scientific discipline with a minimum of 16 years vaccine development experience , MS in a scientific discipline with a minimum of 18 years vaccine development experience, or a BS in a scientific discipline with a minimum of 20 years vaccine development experience.
- Proven ability to design and develop viral vaccines, including scientific accomplishment in virology, molecular biology, immunology or related field.
- Scientific management experience, including demonstrated experience managing laboratory personnel in a team environment and a working knowledge of scientific project management.
- Significant industry experience and working knowledge of GLP practices.
- Well connected in the vaccine research and development field, with proven track record of establishing and managing collaborative projects.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Compliance with Takeda safety practices and standard operating procedures.
- Exhibit and promote Takeda Core Competencies.
- Comply with institutional certifications and requirements in a BSL-2 environment, including shipping regulations for infectious agents.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Typical office and laboratory bending, stooping, lifting requirements apply.
- Position requires up to 25% travel
- International travel will be required
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.