What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix
Engage Others Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences.
Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
Drive for Results Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
Strategic Approach Makes sound decisions that are consistent with our mission, values and organizational objectives.
Lead Change Proactively evaluates, promotes, and initiates change that creates value for patients, the organization, and our shareholders.
Self Awareness Seeks feedback from others, modifies self-perceptions and actions based on this feedback, and actively develops skills and behaviors to enhance contribution.
Develop Capabilities Seeks opportunities to develop oneself and others so that we can continue to achieve sustained growth.
Takeda builds strong, borderless and empowered teams through fairness and promoting shared goals. By working together, we optimize energy and can lead the change for a better world.
Takeda implements bold initiatives on a daily basis by striving for continuous improvement and encouraging enthusiasm and creativity. This value speaks to attracting the best minds in the industry that are committed to delivering novel therapies to patients worldwide.
Takeda respects and includes a broad range of people and ideas in its daily operations. Our organization encourages each individual to act with empathy and to apply their unique skills to realize the company’s true potential.
Takeda's drive comes from perseverance, urgency and a strong desire to contribute to patients. We put this passion to work in everything we do and demonstrate courage to fight for ideas and objectives to raise the quality of our solutions, create stronger ties with our stakeholders, and deliver results.
Takeda works to meet its responsibilities to stakeholders on a daily basis. We provide adequate support and challenge to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that help more people around the world.
Takeda appropriately shares information and promotes honest, sincere dialogue with stakeholders to build trust. This trust enables us to strengthen our relationships with employees and external communities.
Medicine for the World
Inspired by Patients
Corporate Citizenship Activities
News and Events
Moving Mountains My Story and Why I’m ClimbingMoving Mountains
I oversee Corporate Communications at Takeda Oncology, a company committed to discovering and developing treatments for patients with cancers
One Vision: We aspire to cure cancer.
Takeda Completes Acquisition of ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc., significantly enhancing our global oncology portfolio and reinforcing our commitment to develop medicines for patients living with cancer.
Rushing Toward a Cure (RTC) launched in 2006 in partnership with the Patriots Radio Network (WBZ 98.5) and our local chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). With RTC, Takeda Oncology contributes a set financial donation to the LLS for every 100 rushing yards gained by New England during the pre, regular and post-seasons. This money helps fund vital blood cancer research, patient services and education programs.
More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. ranks among the top 15 pharmaceutical companies in the United States. Our larger U.S. offices are in Cambridge, MA, Deerfield, IL, and San Diego, CA. Research & Development employees in our Cambridge location focus on oncology, gastroenterology, immunomodulation, biologics, translational research, and external innovation. In March 2016, we opened our newest space at 300 Massachusetts Avenue, featuring 230,000 square feet of state-of-the-art office and lab space.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
Independently planning and executing unit operations/characterization and optimization experiments. Additionally this position assists with preparing technology transfer documentation and provides onsite support/trouble shooting during technology transfer or manufacturing as appropriate for project/role. This may include leading technology transfer activities and compiling vendor data for presentation. This position also independently interprets and communicates results and owns technical aspects of a project.
- Works with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments, under limited supervision.
- Owns responsibility for technical aspects of a project
- Prepares complex experimental protocols.
- Contributes significantly to project work which may include multiple projects within functional area.
- Reviews, interprets and communicates data internally (e.g., to supervisor, project teams) and prepares technical reports.
- Proposes and implements resolutions to technical problems/issues
- May participate actively on GCT project teams by communicating activities from designated functional area to project team
- Designs experiments/unit operations independently including follow up experiments as necessary.
- Assists with the development of project strategy and communicates complex data/decisions within department and cross functionally as necessary
- Supports local initiatives as directed by supervisor and participates in global CMC or functional initiatives as appropriate.
- Serves as a technical resource for junior staff and leverages expertise in laboratory technology as a functional resource/trainer.
- Coordinates within departmental as well as cross functionally with peers on project work
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Associates degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 7+ years relevant industry experience
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 3+ years relevant industry experience,
- Previous experience working in lab setting
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills - Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems and determine causes and possible solutions using appropriate information
- Teamwork – Ability to work well in a highly cross-functional team environment
- Communication Able to expresses one’s self clearly and concisely within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues ; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor; technical writing skills to support contributing to internal technical documents
- Organization – Exercises good time management and prioritization skills and is able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge Sharing - Ability to capture organizational knowledge; improve solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improve information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables, and models for others to use
- Technical - Advanced proficiency in use of applicable lab equipment and operations
- May require approximately 5% travel.
LINE FUNCTION SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
Biologics – In-Process Analytics:
- Experience with a broad variety of biochemical analytical techniques, including but not necessarily limited to liquid chromatography, gel or capillary electrophoresis, and/or spectroscopic-based methods for biologics and antibody-drug conjugates
- Experience with ELISAs, qPCR, and/or other assays used to evaluate biological properties and process impurities. Able to conduct independent troubleshooting of multiple methods
- Solid understanding of protein properties and familiarity with regulatory guidances
- Adept at performing more complex test methods, adaptation of release assays for in-process testing, and transfer of in-process methods to internal and external laboratories with limited supervision
- Able to conduct evaluation of new equipment/technologies
- General lab competencies such as equipment maintenance and compliance activities.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 10-30 % travel.
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.