Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Research Associate III, Vaccine Operations
Research Associate III, Vaccine Operations
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Research Associate in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Research Associate working on the Analytical Services team within Vaccine Operations, you will be empowered to conduct assays and master technical skills, and a typical day will include:
- Perform multiple routine assays requiring aseptic techniques, including navigating LIMS, analysis and recording of results in ELN, data review, updating control charts, and help train other team members.
- Independently implement new methods, with guidance from supervisor.
- Recognize problems with assay runs, notify senior team members and partners, suggest causes, and propose solutions
- Perform several technical assays on a daily/weekly basis, adherence to SOPs, and operate a variety of lab instrumentation and computer platforms.
- Maintain control charts and notify senior team members of failed runs or out of control trending data; comfortable performing simple statistical analysis on JMP with guidance from supervisor.
- Write accurate, complete, and data in electronic laboratory notebooks and LIMS. Ensure turnaround of all results to requesting labs and ensure integrity of data reported.
- May help develop methods to improve existing techniques or efficiencies.
- Draft SOPs for assays and instruments.
- Participate in daily lab operations, cleaning, lab maintenance, including lab reagents, lab supplies, cleaning of incubators and BSC, and routine freezer defrosting.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses for distribution or presentation to project teams and for inclusion in project
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- BS Degree in Life Sciences or Medical Technology and at least 5 years laboratory experience or
- MS Degree in Life Sciences and 3 years laboratory experience
- Have a combination of education and experience to work independently, train new analysts, and help with instrument operation.
- Experience in aseptic techniques, cell culture required, and experience with plaque assays, ELISA-based assays, and molecular assays highly desirable.
- Have basic working knowledge of general biology, microbiology, and biochemistry.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, ), including OneNote, SharePoint, and comfortable learning/adopting software.
- Typical laboratory bending, stooping, lifting requirements apply.
- Lift and move supplies and equipment (up to 25 pounds).
- Effective November 1, 2021, absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. As of the same date, absent an approved religious or medical reason, US field-based employees, employees must be fully vaccinated in order to continue in their current roles. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. Candidates are encouraged to speak with their recruiter to seek further information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function for which they have applied.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.