Regulatory Affairs CMC Senior Manager, Plasma-Derived Therapies Business Unit
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Regulatory Affairs CMC Senior Manager, Plasma-Derived Therapies Business UnitApply Now
The PDT BU R&D group is dedicated to bringing forward new therapeutic approaches based on plasma-derived therapies for patients with rare and complex diseases. Takeda believes there is tremendous potential to do more to meet patients’ and health care providers’ expectations with plasma-derived and plasma-oriented therapies for patients with immunologic, hematologic, and other complex diseases. The Head, Global Regulatory Affairs Strategy, Plasma-Derived Therapies Business Unit will have the ability to create and define the future vision and operating model for the team. There will be two main drivers of innovation in the newly-formed PDT R&D group:
- Translational Pharmaceutical Sciences: This innovation engine will practice rapid-cycle innovation to test and develop improvements to existing products, develop new products, and improve yield. It will combine translational research with pharmaceutical sciences and device, and will receive inputs from and into clinical research and manufacturing sciences.
- Precision Medicine: This innovation engine will focus on developing comprehensive, value-oriented health care delivery packages around drug products, targeted to maximize benefit and reduce risk to precise patient populations. In the process, this engine will drive innovation by practicing patient-centric R&D.
Under general supervision by the Lead, CMC Regulatory Affairs, Plasma-Derived Therapies Business Unit (GRA PDT BU) the Strategist is responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing global CMC regulatory strategies for assigned programs. Specifically, the Strategist, CMC Regulatory Affairs is responsible for providing strategic guidance to PDT product teams by defining and optimizing global regulatory strategies pertaining to the development, registration, commercialization and lifecycle management of Plasma-Derived Therapies in the United States and international markets. The role will serve as the liaison to, and oversees the regulatory affairs relationship with, US and International Health Authorities for CMC issues pertaining to assigned PDT programs.
85%: Strategic Leadership & External Interactions
- Proactively contributes to the development and implementation of innovative CMC regulatory strategies in close collaboration with relevant Takeda R&D, PDT BU R&D and Commercial functions to obtain, maintain and extend Takeda PDT BU product registrations in the United States, Japan, the European Union, Canada and emerging markets.
- Maintains optimal GRA CMC Regulatory Affairs effectiveness for ongoing development and lifecycle management activities for assigned programs.
- Provides proactive guidance and regulatory strategies to support PDT product teams.
- Remains knowledgeable about current CMC regulations and guidances and interprets the global CMC regulatory environment to provide proactive guidance to internal stakeholders based on technical and regulatory knowledge and to guide the development of strategic and tactical regulatory plans. Proactively identifies and assesses regulatory and compliance risks associated with product development and life-cycle management activities.
- Creates high quality, compliant CMC regulatory documents (eg, Core Dossiers, CTAs, MAAs, NDS, Variations and other relevant regulatory CMC filings) within defined timelines as per Takeda PDT BU objectives.
- Interfaces with key GMS and PDT BU R&D functions in the preparation, review and approval of CMC regulatory filings to support early and late stage development assets, and the maintenance or expansion of approved Plasma-Derived Therapies globally.
- Proactively develops and fosters appropriate relationships with global regulatory agencies, especially the US Food and Drug Administration and international regulatory agencies to develop effective, professional relationships and advance a positive company image.
- In partnership with other relevant functions, assists in the conduct of regulatory agency inspections and compliance audits. Ensures compliance in all GRA PDT BU activities.
- Acts as an ambassador for the Takeda PDT BU Regulatory Affairs organization to influence and shape the external regulatory and policy environment.
15%: Culture and People Leadership
- Ensures a culture of transparency, innovation and teamwork. Is approachable to colleagues across Takeda and is open to the ideas of others.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 2-6 years of experience in global drug/biologics development in the biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, or Government Health Authorities.
- Minimum of 2-5 years in a Regulatory Affairs CMC role.
- Experience in plasma-derived therapies or biologics preferred.
- Global regulatory CMC and/or Device experience preferable.
- Advanced degree preferred, such as PhD, MD or JD.
Other Job Requirements
~15-20% national and international travel anticipated
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0044846