Regional Account Manager - Northeast
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Regional Account Manager - NortheastApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Regional Account Manager - Northeast. This is a field-based position responsible for the Northeast geography to include ME, VT, NH, MA and RI.
Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Regional Account Manager working on the Managed Markets team, you will be empowered to be the point of accountability to deliver on Takeda’s strategic intent of ‘partner for access’ in a region covering all books of business to include, Commercial, Medicare, Managed and state Medicaid accounts.
- Deliver Takeda’s partnership aspiration at Priority Accounts including developing and delivering account strategy
- Secure and maintain appropriate access for Takeda brands for accounts to include all books of business
- Be the interface between sales leadership and managed markets for the northeast territory
- Build strategic account plans to deliver on Takeda’s brand payer strategies for access
- Quarterback all account interactions and initiatives to include Medical Affairs, HEOR, Managed Markets Strategic Partnerships, Executive Exchanges, etc.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships across multiple departments and multiple levels within the account
- Map organizational decision-makers and influencers and uncover account needs to identify high potential opportunities for partnerships
- Build and present business cases for contracting with all direct accounts and for accounts in which you have built strategic partnership opportunities to include down-stream clients
- Negotiate contracts and meet revenue/rebate objectives vs. budget
- Ensure Takeda formulary positioning focused on profitability to meet market share objectives; Improved formulary placement and increase patient access
- Integrate Advocacy support, diagnose patient assistance/ reimbursement and troubleshoot access barriers as needed.
- Utilize all available resources (volume/ claims analytics, reimbursement data, etc.) at the product & payer level to optimize opportunities.
Deliver sales pull-through
o Work directly with the sales leadership team to identify market access opportunities and drive pull through of access wins across the region and give strategic payer guidance to minimize access losses and continue to drive market demand
Coordinate and maintain internal partnerships
o Collaborate with internal stakeholders to support strategic account planning and brand payer strategy to include MACS, Contracts & Pricing, Payer & Pricing Analytics, Government Affairs, Medical Affairs, Patient Services & Field Reimbursement to support strategic goals
o Develop and maintain relationships with other internal support functions (e.g., Legal)
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS/BA degree
- 3+ years of previous management or account management experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Detailed knowledge of payor/PBM economics: understanding key issues and how these shift given changing US healthcare landscape
- In-depth pharma knowledge: including prescribing, regulations, CMS & state policies, supply chain, managed care, sales and legal)
- Strategic thinking: understand account priorities and impact on individual decision-makers
- Consultative selling: ability to identify emerging stakeholder needs and to problem-solve innovative ways (programs, contracts etc.) for Takeda to help meet those needs
- Prioritization: to ensure that effort is directed towards account with greatest potential (e.g., priority accounts)
- Coordination across multiple internal stakeholders: leadership and communication skills
- Clear understanding of analytics: ability to apply analytical insight to drive account performance and ability to “ask the right questions” of analytical resources
- Business planning: develop a robust and challenging business plan for the account, and align Takeda stakeholders against delivery
•Approximate 30-40% travel expected within geography
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
USA - Lexington - Sales Remote
Bedford, NH, Boston, MA, Newport, RI, Portland, ME, Vermont, VT
Job ID R0015509