R&D Physician Scientist Accelerator Program
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
R&D Physician Scientist Accelerator ProgramApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Associate Medical Director in our Takeda R&D Physician Scientist Accelerator Program in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we develop innovative medicines and we develop people! We are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower all colleagues to realize their professional and personal potential through their life-changing work and interpersonal relationships. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
At Takeda, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission and high-performing culture.
The Associate Medical Director will be joining the Takeda R&D Physician Scientist Accelerator Program (TPSAP) with the objective of developing enhanced knowledge of the drug development process and practical working experience in an accelerated manner. This will be achieved through a 2-year custom program that combines three elements: (1) customized on-the-job training in different R&D departments (3-5 rotations of 4-6 months duration) tailored to the Fellow’s interest and skills; (2) participation in the Drug Development Curriculum and, (3) leadership development. At the end of the two-year program, pending successful completion employees will be provided with the opportunity to be placed in a pre-selected Therapeutic Area Unit or supporting line.
- Rotations through R&D departments tailored according to your interests and skills:
- 3-5 rotations of 4-6 months duration each
- The Fellow with their departmental supervisor will define a list of tasks and activities that the individual to be achieved for each rotation
- The participant will be working with the Supervisor who is assigned from each department to oversee and guide the work
- Participating in the Drug Development Curriculum
- The Fellow will participate in the Drug Development Curriculum. The course entails participation in weekly/by-weekly seminars, clinical case-study analyses and additional individual work with literature (reading and critical analysis)
- The Fellow will also participate in a curriculum focused on communication/presentation skills
- Participating in the leadership development initiatives
- The Fellow will participate in a number of leadership development initiatives during the 2-year program. The schedule for these will be agreed upon at the program commencement
- Working with the Program Director and Therapeutic Area Supervisor and Rotation Mentors:
- Oversight of the program and Fellows is undertaken by the Program Director, with each Fellow having a Therapeutic Area Supervisor who has primarily responsibility to ensure the progress and development of the Fellow.
- A Therapeutic Area Supervisor is appointed to each participant for the 2-year duration of the program. The Therapeutic Area Supervisor conducts performance reviews, with input from department supervisor, rotation mentors, and HR and SPA representatives. Fellows are expected to establish and maintain a regular working relationship with their Therapeutic Area Supervisor
- Each participant will also be assigned a Mentor. The Mentor is a senior level executive in the industry, either from inside or outside Takeda, who will provide valuable support and guidance. The participant is expected to establish and maintain a regular working relationship with the Mentor
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- MD or internationally recognized equivalent, board certified (or internationally recognized equivalent) in internal medicine or a subspecialty
- Post-graduate clinical patient care experience
- Established record of research accomplishments (PhD or equivalent degree highly preferred, list of publications, grants, research awards etc)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including writing, reviewing and editing scientific documents
- Superior interpersonal skills, diplomacy and positive influencing abilities
- Ability to work and drive decision-making within a multi-disciplinary, multi-regional, matrix teams
- Good fit with Takeda core values and leadership principles
- Right attitude (passionate, insightful, agile, curious, open-minded, “can-do” mindset)
- Superior therapeutic area knowledge and solid understanding of emerging research in designated therapeutic area (if applicable)
- PhD (or internationally recognized equivalent)
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings or R&D sites including overnight trips
- Ability to spend longer period of time at a different R&D site (weeks or several months)
- Some international travel may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
This job posting excludes CO applicants.
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0034485