Product Manager, R&D Operations and External Partnerships
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Product Manager, R&D Operations and External PartnershipsApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Product Manager in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Product Manager working on the R&D Operations and External Partnerships team, you will be empowered manage the key relationships between the business stakeholders and IT to deliver on business opportunities and outcomes and drive continuous delivery of value using agile IT life cycle management from product prototyping, development, optimizations and renewals to product terminations. A typical day will include:
- Manage the key relationships between the business stakeholders and IT to deliver on business opportunities and outcomes and, to drive continuous delivery of value using agile IT life cycle management from product prototyping, development, optimizations and renewals to product terminations.
- Lead the development of one or multiple product strategies, fitting into long-term roadmaps and drive the product priority-setting of capabilities and features in response to business needs aligned with IT architecture, deployment and product and release management.
- Proactively monitor and maintain product related end-to-end customer/business experiences and influence relevant stakeholders to support and deliver successful product releases.
- Partners with peers within IT to drive continuous improvement of service processes, user experiences and application optimization aligned with business stakeholders.
- Devise, plan, deliver and own multiple products from concept through end of life stages within R&D Operations including project and portfolio management, financial planning and analysis and resource tracking systems/platforms for the Pharmaceutical Research and Development user community.
- Engage and align with business stakeholders and IT on current business plans, strategies and future opportunities and developments, providing product recommendations to build a pipeline of meaningful releases.
- Manage and influence key stakeholders across business and technology, to develop and convey product visions.
- Ensure and drive the development of a product vision, strategy and roadmap whilst aligning key stakeholders based on capability and features needs.
- Maintain and serve as the communicator of the product vision.
- Use broad knowledge of IT, new and established technology developments and consult with key players to enhance products, to define products, to develop prototypes and to develop a roadmap for ongoing and new product developments.
- Lead and guide the development of products by prompting and negotiating to reach concurrence on approach, development and implementation.
- Lead and manage the Product Life Cycle(s) for the business, by translating potential pipeline products to agile development project, work closely with development teams to create new business product releases focusing on additional and/or new functionality, product simplification and to increase transparency.
- Drive the product planning; fitting in long-term roadmaps and aligned with short-term release plans.
- Drive prioritization of the product backlog to keep agile teams unblocked and aligned.
- Participate and lead gathering of research to identify articulated and non-articulated product needs.
- Closely monitor product portfolios and business composition, gather relevant dat to continuously gain new insight and adjust roadmaps, offering to optimize performance and effectiveness.
- Manage and take responsibility for sustainability of the end-to-end customer experience of products developed.
- Estimate approximate workload requirements and timeline predictions for several to many professionals and continuously monitor and prioritize product developments and workflow and capacity to deliver the most significant value to the product users.
- Communicate issues and successes up and down in the project groups, IT and the business.
- Oversee and manage product budgets established in consultation with stakeholders by balancing resources, vision development, prototyping and sustain product teams to deliver and maintain the product.
- Continually monitor and refine the product and lead and influence the performing service management and expert opportunities to optimize use experiences.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline, computer science or business administration is preferred.
- 6 years or more of relevant professional experience in research and development business lines, IT service delivery or related area.
- Professional in-depth knowledge of product management in pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in stakeholder relationship management. Influential in orchestrating key stakeholders and product teams to turn product vision into reality.
- Adept at project administration to track and manage spending to agreed scope and within plan.
- Take proactive approach to engaging stakeholders and managing demand for R&D Operations portfolio for translation to annual product budgets.
- Manage vendors to define statements of work and delivery of objectives.
- Solicit business requirements through workshops, interviews, questionnaires, surveys as basis for system design and enhancements.
- Organize system deployment Testing activities working with contractors or independently to translate into test plans that are traceable to requirements.
- Develop Business Cases for prospective projects and structure budget and timeline to acquire funding and allocation of resources.
- Administer Project and Contract Change Orders as required for SteerCo approved scope changes.
- Develop related elements of project plans with respective Project Managers to ensure execution within committed schedule.
- Source knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies and commercial software products employed to solve business problems in Pharma R&D transverse domains.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, business acumen, and enterprise knowledge.
- Extensive experience in design or in implementing solutions or products and preferable experience in project and portfolio management, financial planning and analysis, resource and capacity planning.
- Understand design thinking and can explain and convince stakeholders.
- Work with virtual/agile teams in different locations, aligning and adapting different work, culture and communication styles.
- Extensive Project and Demand management experience.
- Master’s Degree
- Previous experience as an IT Product Manager living the operating model through a complete lifecycle is highly desired.
- Familiarity working in a lean and agile software delivery team is preferred.
- Is an accomplished practitioner of design thinking, with a proven track record of developing and exploiting deep customer insights.
- Experience with the design and development of pharmaceutical life science products.
- Able to think counter-intuitively, out of the box and is able to influence stakeholders.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0011535