Product Manager, Digital Health - DAB
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Product Manager, Digital Health - DABApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Establishes the overall strategy, scope and lifecycle management of Digital Products as a member of Global Program Teams (GPTs) aligned with identified patient unmet needs and enterprise-wide digital and data objectives
- Leads matrixed delivery teams and responsible for the phasing and delivery of Digital Products in portfolio to meet program objectives and timelines
- In collaboration with stakeholders within R&D, Medical Access, Commercial, IT & Digital, Quality and Legal drives and implements processes and governance frameworks for the development of regulated digital products to create an enterprise-wide competency
- Responsible for overseeing the planning, development, and implementation of regulated patient/consumer-facing digital products/medical devices. The Product Manager establishes an enterprise-wide competency for the creation of digital health products spanning R&D and Commercial.
- As a member of the Global Program Team, works with the Global Program Leader (GPL) to establish and align on the strategy, scope, value, phasing, objectives, timelines and success criteria for digital product(s)
- Accountable to the GPL for the delivery of the digital product(s)
- Ownership of the product strategy, roadmap, technical specifications and release plan
- Orchestration and delivery of the digital product(s) through matrixed cross-functional delivery teams
- Oversight of budget & allocation of resources (people and financial) for programs
- Ensures alignment between digital products and the data strategy for programs
- Establishment of an enterprise-wide competency, including processes, functions and skills needed for the integration of digital product development in the asset lifecycle
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Proven experience delivering a digital health product in a similar role within the biopharmaceutical or medical device industries
- Experience working with in-house and external partners, including third-party device manufacturers to develop and launch integrated digital products for global use
- Experience with clinical research and drug development processes
- Keen understanding of customer-centric experiences and human-technology interaction
- Extensive experience leading software development teams, familiarity with software development methodologies, SaMD and GxP practices in regulated spaces
- Experience with adaptation of algorithms, including machine-learning based algorithms, for use in clinical research studies and in digital companions
- Broad knowledge and experience with Regulatory, Safety, Privacy, Information Security and Legal issues surrounding global use of digital health/medical device products
- Experience with establishing maintenance and support infrastructures for launched digital products
- Strong ability to influence, collaboratively lead and effectively communicate with multiple parties from diverse backgrounds (e.g., scientific, medical, technical)
- Exceptionally strong prioritization skills; ability to manage competing priorities with limited resources and making difficult decisions for feature inclusion/exclusion
- Track record of successfully leading matrixed teams, influencing without authority, and influence change within a large organization
- Experience with negotiation and selection of vendors and third-party products for use in digital health products
- Knowledge and understanding about financial and budget planning and reporting processes.
- Setup, engagement, and planning of governance bodies.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Oversees and accountable for a portfolio of multiple initiatives spanning R&D and Commercial with enterprise-wide impact of decisions.
- Interacts with cross-functional teams across R&D, Commercial, Legal and IT.
- Able to translate experiences from other industries and bring innovative solutions to market within the biopharmaceutical industry
- Familiar with industry trends, partner ecosystems and able to define competitive strategies
- Able to translate scientific, clinical and business needs to a digital product strategy
- Has a track record of building test-and-learn cultures, including establishing the role of a technical Product Manager with R&D
- Fosters change
- Has enterprise-wide impact on highly visible and complex global programs
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, or relevant work experience.
- 12+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in technology strategy development and implementation in the life sciences/healthcare industries
- Experience with senior management and stakeholder presentations, engagement, and obtaining support.
- Ability to think strategically and inspire teams
Job ID R0026446