PDT Business Model Innovation Lead (Director)
Cambridge, Massachusetts, Zurich, Switzerland
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
PDT Business Model Innovation Lead (Director)Apply Now
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and prioritize new business model opportunities incorporating regional and functional input
- Evaluate plasma-related projects and unlock value in new untapped markets (ie. BRIC countries and PPP’s)
- Plasma Sourcing Taskforce, in order to access plasma closer to our markets (i.e. increasing plasma collection capacity, diversifying risk and reducing cost-per-liter; critical driver of “CPL Min” Plasma Max project)
- Maintain / replenish and prioritize opportunity pipeline, with a focus on: BioLife expansion, “Plasma for Product” Opportunities, Contract Fractionation, local partnerships (commercial / PPP), etc.
- Evaluate local fractionation models / opportunities where required & relevant; work with PharmScience to evaluate small scale / modular fractionation models to accommodate Emerging Markets
- Drive attractive projects to approvable business cases, gain approval & secure resources required for success
- Execute selected projects globally by coordinating cross-functional team from inception to hand-over to Regions/Functions as appropriate
- Define target economic / capacity contributions, set performance metrics for agreed initiatives, oversee and support implementation
- Wind down projects (even if already implemented) if performance metrics are not met
- Understand and manage new/innovative contractual agreements, issue resolution, oversight of the relationship with alliance partners and other key stakeholders such as Regions / LOCs and governments / etc. depending on nature of business model
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Business or technical background
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree, MBA preferred
- Track record of deals made, platforms established, alliances managed, and/or projects led
- Track record of complex projects managed as Project Lead; ideally including plasma-related projects
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and forge partnerships across multiple functions and levels across the organization
- Product development experience a «strong plus»; plasma strategy experience a «strong plus»
- International experience a «strong plus»; proven willingness to challenge the status quo and push boundaries and innovation
- Minimum of 10 years related experience
- 25-40% travel. Domestic & International.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0034596