Partner, Takeda Ventures (TVI)
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Partner, Takeda Ventures (TVI)Apply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as Partner, Takeda Ventures (TVI) in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
This position is responsible for identifying, executing and managing strategic investments for Takeda Ventures. He/she will build and maintain relationships that result in high quality strategic investments for Takeda.
Assist, and in his/her absence deputize for, the SP in all matters concerning external venture activities
• Together with the SP, serve as a key interface for Takeda external venture activities
• Engage internal stakeholders, and contribute significant value through provision of strategic intelligence and insights with respect to disruptive therapeutic innovation
• Develop and maintain deep interactions with US and European life science communities, ensuring a high level of visibility for Takeda venture initiatives within investment, academic and government institutions
• Secure a steady flow of high quality strategic investment opportunities across US and Europe, and conduct formal due diligence involving external and internal legal counsel prior to contract negotiations leading to investment
• Participate as the Takeda representative on the Board of portfolio companies, serving the interests of the company as a shareholder Director / Observer
• Maximize exposure of internal stakeholders to relevant strategic intelligence and potential strategic assets, facilitating interactions leading to value-enhancing transactions
• Lead competitive landscaping exercises in areas of emerging science and technology, with the aim of identifying key strategic investment targets within these spaces
• Serve as a key cross-functional contributor to the development and execution of the medium- and long-range strategic objectives of TVI, and of the Center for External Innovation
• Develop and nurture a portfolio of investments serving the near- through long-term strategic priorities of Takeda
• Deliver tangible strategic value in the form of opportunities to support pipeline and enhance R&D capabilities
• Maintain ad report clear, comprehensive and up to date records of deal flow, any resulting transactions, and the ongoing financial and legal status of portfolio companies
• Maintain highest standards of ethics and venture best practice in all aspects of the job
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• PhD in a relevant field (biological sciences; chemistry etc.).
• Minimum of 10 years experience in the Biopharmaceutical industry, with a proven track record in Research, Business Development or venture investing.
• Significant exposure to research in high caliber academic institutions, with a broad exposure to multiple scientific disciplines.
• An strategically savvy individual with ambition, an entrepreneurial mind and an ability to analyze business plans, research data, financial figures and market data to make sound business decisions and recommendations
• Experience in negotiating and managing third party collaboration, licensing and development contracts. Understanding the laws and regulations affecting venture investments at the state, federal and international level.
• Demonstrates sound judgment and creativity to deal with complex issues and decisions. Ability to explore positions and alternatives to reach beneficial outcomes for all parties involved
• Understands the competitive landscape in private and public sector life sciences industries, and is knowledgeable enough to anticipate new trends, opportunities and threats in healthcare innovation
• Self-starter - independent, yet a strong team player
• Business acumen- has a thorough understanding of, and can champion, the highest standards of good business practice.
• Communication – ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and in writing in a persuasive and appropriate manner, with deference to cross-cultural communications.
• Interpersonal – ability to work effectively and get along with others with diverse backgrounds.
• Team building- ability to work collaboratively in a team and encourage teamwork.
• Relationship Building Skills – ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders and build trust with others to increase Takeda’s competitive advantage.
Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e., computers, phones, etc.).
• Ability to sit for long periods of time.
• Carrying, handling and reaching for objects
- Willingness to travel to clients meetings, sometimes involving trips lasting several days. Significant international travel will be required potentially amounting to more than 25% of total time
- Reports to the Senior Investment Director (TBos), Takeda Ventures, Inc.
- • Budget Accountability: travel and related business expenses
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0015781