What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Engage Others Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences.
Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
Drive for Results Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
Strategic Approach Makes sound decisions that are consistent with our mission, values and organizational objectives.
Lead Change Proactively evaluates, promotes, and initiates change that creates value for patients, the organization, and our shareholders.
Self Awareness Seeks feedback from others, modifies self-perceptions and actions based on this feedback, and actively develops skills and behaviors to enhance contribution.
Develop Capabilities Seeks opportunities to develop oneself and others so that we can continue to achieve sustained growth.
Takeda builds strong, borderless and empowered teams through fairness and promoting shared goals. By working together, we optimize energy and can lead the change for a better world.
Takeda implements bold initiatives on a daily basis by striving for continuous improvement and encouraging enthusiasm and creativity. This value speaks to attracting the best minds in the industry that are committed to delivering novel therapies to patients worldwide.
Takeda respects and includes a broad range of people and ideas in its daily operations. Our organization encourages each individual to act with empathy and to apply their unique skills to realize the company’s true potential.
Takeda's drive comes from perseverance, urgency and a strong desire to contribute to patients. We put this passion to work in everything we do and demonstrate courage to fight for ideas and objectives to raise the quality of our solutions, create stronger ties with our stakeholders, and deliver results.
Takeda works to meet its responsibilities to stakeholders on a daily basis. We provide adequate support and challenge to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that help more people around the world.
Takeda appropriately shares information and promotes honest, sincere dialogue with stakeholders to build trust. This trust enables us to strengthen our relationships with employees and external communities.
Medicine for the World
Inspired by Patients
Corporate Citizenship Activities
News and Events
Moving Mountains My Story and Why I’m Climbing.
I oversee Corporate Communications at Takeda Oncology. We're committed to discovering and developing treatments for patients with cancers.
One Vision: We aspire to cure cancer.
Takeda completes acquisition of ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc., significantly enhancing our global oncology portfolio and reinforcing our commitment to develop medicines for patients living with cancer.
Rushing Toward a Cure (RTC) launched in 2006 in partnership with the Patriots Radio Network (WBZ 98.5) and our local chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). With RTC, Takeda Oncology contributes a set financial donation to the LLS for every 100 rushing yards gained by New England during the pre, regular and post-seasons. This money helps fund vital blood cancer research, patient services and education programs.
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Our US Offices are in Cambridge, MA. Research & Development employees in our Cambridge location focus on oncology, gastroenterology, immunomodulation, biologics, translational research, and external innovation. In March 2016, we opened our newest space at 300 Massachusetts Avenue, featuring 230,000 square feet of state-of-the-art office and lab space.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
With minimal supervision this individual will deliver leadership and excellence in manufacturing processing as well as scheduling to meet site demands . Oversees and executes floor operations to ensure safety, aseptic operations and compliance with cGMPs are maintained at all times. Ensures efficient use of material and equipment and assigns personnel as appropriate in the execution of day to day operations. Provide technical support through interactions with support groups to ensure accurate and well managed transfer of process changes/improvements to floor operations. Provide support to integrate best practices, where appropriate, into manufacturing.
- Primary contact for troubleshooting and issue resolution or escalation
- Create and follow-up on work orders
- Communicate/ coordinate days scheduling and staffing plan
- Re-allocate staff as needed during the day (breaks, lunch, training, etc)
- Oversight and execution of all routine and critical operations as well as
- commissioning and validation activities
- Ensure documentation is complete, reviewed and meets good
- documentation practices (forms, logbooks, form preps, batch records, etc.)
- Responsible for floor inventory and communicating schedule changes as
- Monitor material consumption and coordinate all materials deliveries
- Recommend/Implement process changes/improvements or
- safety/ergonomic improvements.
- Ensure work is carried out in a safe manner, notifying management of
- safety issues and risks
- Responsible for interviewing candidates
- Provide timely feedback on staff’s performance
- Address minor personnel issues timely
- Escalate major personnel issue to the supervisor
- Ensure staff compliance with all relevant SOPs, BR, FP and safety
- Act as a role model (Lead by Example)
- Act as a resource/SME for staff
- Ensure the use of safe work practices and behaviors
- Conduct training and assess effectiveness
- Help identify training needs
- Assess staff skill sets and provide feedback to Supervisor.
- Develop training material
- Provide training
- Initiate deviations or investigations of various complexities and work with
- cross-functional departments to identify root cause
- Implement appropriate corrective actions
- Complete action items for GMP investigations and CAPA’s
- Assist supervisor/engineer/facilities with investigations
- Revise and author Standard Operating Procedures/Batch Records
- Communicate any quality issues/concerns to Supervisor and QA
Education and Experience Requirements
- Normally requires a high school diploma and 6+ years related industry experience or an Associates Degree in Life Sciences/Engineering field with 5 years of GMP Manufacturing experience.
- Biotech Certificate and prior leadership experience preferred.
- Experience with systems such as SAP, LIMS and TrackWise is a plus
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0031764
Explore the Area
Check out where you could be
working if you apply.