Lead, Creative and Corporate Brand Engagement
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Lead, Creative and Corporate Brand EngagementApply Now
The Global Corporate Branding team is responsible for defining the Takeda corporate brand strategy, overseeing the execution of branded communications across the enterprise and building brand awareness globally. The team will elevate and increase affinity for the Takeda brand globally and will ensure the Takeda brand is reflected accurately and consistently across all external communications.
The Lead, Creative and Corporate Brand Engagement will create and implement a range of visual communications materials to support the Takeda brand strategy and shape and manage the internal brand community to promote corporate brand standards and broaden employee engagement around Takeda. This is a creative and project/community management position. The position will report to the Head of Corporate Branding.
- Provide input to the global brand strategy, brand architecture and positioning, as well as creative strategy and brand messaging for Takeda. Support the execution of the global brand strategy and ensure alignment with broader Takeda corporate strategies, business objectives, and vision
- Promote and champion the Takeda brand internally and ensure understanding and awareness of the brand story across the enterprise
- Activate, empower, and maintain corporate brand community. Establish a communication/update cascade and strategy for global engagement with the corporate brand to promote standards, consistency in messaging, provide training, etc.
- Manage and execute creative development and graphic design for corporate internal & external brand‐led communications from concept to delivery
- Lead visual storytelling through translating complex ideas into clear visual content. Can create a compelling, cohesive and engaging visual story from text, data, research and other information, distilling and interpreting the key points for a variety of audiences.
- Project manage development of visual communications materials and brand activities globally and ensure alignment with the corporate brand strategy across external stakeholders
- Provide creative art direction, strategic direction and counsel in accordance with Takeda’s Corporate Brand Guidance to all parts of the business to ensure consistency and build brand knowledge across the company.
- Partner closely with other functional areas within Global Corporate Affairs, including Digital Communications and US External Communications to and execute integrated brand and communications strategies
- Proactively build strong, effective relationships with key internal stakeholders of Business Units, Functions, and Local Operating Companies to understand their corporate brand and visual communications needs and build a strong brand community
- Manage a number of complex projects simultaneously and activities as required in support of the wider brand team. This may include (but is not limited to) the following activities:
- Agency management
- Creative visual storytelling and design
- Support team with creative execution of projects
- Localization of global brand materials for US audiences
- Strategy development and project management
- Development and delivery of key messages, templates, communications materials as required
- Maintain internal communications platforms for the team – myTakeda, Yammer, etc.
- Measure and monitor outcomes and continually strategize ways to drive engagement and achieve business goals
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications/Visual Communication/Graphic Design or a related field, with at least eight years of experience. Excellent design, writing, copyediting and proofreading experience.
- Experience (minimum of seven years) in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or healthcare industry communications environment, with a thorough grounding in the complexities and issues relating to operating in the global pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent creative and branding skills which consistently exhibit professional maturity, confidence and competence
- Uses in-depth audience understanding to review and edit brand assets and messages prior to being sent out for public or broad viewing. Has thorough knowledge of audience’s key values and uses it to achieve brand goals and objectives
- Has a solid understanding of channel benefits and options, including emerging media.
- Strong project management experience in corporate communications, including oversight of a number of programs/projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to influence and persuade at senior levels internally
- Global understanding, acumen and the knowledge of how to work in an international structure and varied cultures
- A pragmatic and flexible approach to time management given calls/meetings may take place in different time-zones to your own
- Established and proven stakeholder networking capabilities. Drive and take ownership for developing networks that help deliver what is best for stakeholders.
- A strong eye for detail, with solid strategic, analytical and planning skills, as well as a creative approach to problem-solving
- A creative thinker with a track record of coming up with new ways to engage stakeholders
- Comfortable with change. Ability and willingness to adapt and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Ability to deliver in high-pressure situations and with short deadlines
- Advanced design software skills with PowerPoint, Photoshop, QuarkXPress, In Design, Creative Suite
Job ID R0023481