Global Sourcing Lead, Utilities
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Global Sourcing Lead, UtilitiesApply Now
- Develop a 3-5 year strategic plan to realize category strategy targets for the following categories: Utilities; Water, Gas and Energy.
- Lead and support major category programs within a multi-year plan including end-to-end process optimization, industry and market analysis as well as recommendations within a spend category
- Define buying channels to drive compliance and adherence to category strategy, within a matrix environment.
- Create and define and preferred supplier program including category segmentation criteria leading into a strong supplier relationship program.
- As a global category lead, direct responsibility for guiding regions and sites with procurement and/or sourcing best practices. Strong business partnering with regions and sites to ensure category compliance.
- Accountable for the engagement of functional business owners and budget owners to infuse category strategy within enterprise business roadmaps.
- Support and deliver Financial objectives of the business, category and overall enterprise goals.
This role focuses on the progress of category strategies that define Utilities; Water, Gas and Energy and how they will be managed, including defining procurement channels, purchasing policies, and supplier relationship management. This role will uphold and implement a strategic category plan that ensures all projects deliver maximum value. This role will focus on synergy objectives and meeting the overarching utilities management value initiatives. This position is expected to ensure close alignment to business priorities and functional objectives.
- Lead the preparation and solicitation of competitive bids, quotations and proposals; evaluate competitive offerings; assess supplier product and pricing information; prepare and issue contracts for legal review and approval (This specific role will require complex contracting globally in a highly regulated area)
- This individual may also be involved in identification, screening and selection of potential sources and determination of appropriate methods of procurement, utilizing extensive and deep contracting or technical expertise
- Provide insights from internal and market analytics to influence the development of strategic category plans; partner with category leaders and business partners on plan development, including building plans for smaller categories. Builds understanding of Takeda’s global, end-to-end value chain as it relates to the categories in focus.
- When supporting category strategy development, he or she might be involved in research and make recommendations on decisions for “make, buy or lease,” privatize or outsource goods or services
- Ensure negotiated terms are translated into contractual terms, following organization templates provided by Legal and strategic departments, and working in close partnership with lawyers when needed
- For select suppliers within the Utilities (Water, Gas and Energy) function, support the process of developing, evaluating and managing effective relationships with strategic suppliers, strategic alliance partners, supply chain, cross-functional and multi-functional teams
- Participate in other supplier management activities involving key preferred suppliers, using the Supplier Management methodology, developing metrics for supplier performance, conducting supplier visits and evaluations to determine capability, alignment and capacity
- Support the review of supplier innovations and demonstrations in partnership with the Business Partnering and Strategy group for prioritized highly strategic suppliers
- For escalated issues with respect to quality, performance or supply, support Business Partnering & Strategy with the analytics required to solve root cause issues; collaborate with site / local procurement on solutions. Own and drive mitigation projects on a prioritized basis
- As required for function and categories assigned, support the design and development of procurement compliance programs, including category-specific risk management effort
- Support implementing and managing the small business and disadvantaged suppliers search and development program
Dimensions and Aspects
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise(Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- Expertise in procurement processes, technology and systems (Ariba & Coupa), contract and supplier analysis and management, financial analysis, market analysis, supplier diversity, strategic planning and integrated supply chain.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and manage internal stakeholders at all levels within a highly matrixed organization, working across cross-functional, cross-organizational teams.
- Strong understanding of data analytics, category management; expertise in process redesign and continuous improvement, project and performance management.
- Demonstrated ability to partner, manage and influence virtually.
- Extensive experience in the review, negotiation and drafting of contracts.
- Procurement and marketing business knowledge including a strong understanding of contract terms and contract execution
- Sound business and financial acumen
Leadership(Vision, strategy and business alignment, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Demonstrate strategic enterprise thinking to find original ways to serve the business in a way that centers on patients and fosters trust, reputation, and our business.
- Preference for action and the skill to establish global category visions/strategies that translate into global regional, or local results.
- Creates an environment that inspires and enables people to move the organization forward.
- Assists the organization on a Change Journey with discipline, transparency and authenticity.
- Focuses on the few priorities that matter most and deliver exceptional results.
Interaction(The span and nature of one’s engagement with others when performing one’s job, internal and external relationships)
- Demonstrated competencies in high-value project/program management of high-performing global teams.
- Knowledge of current and emerging inclinations in strategic sourcing, negotiating, contracting, strategic supplier management, utilities and procurement.
- Knowledge of the latest trends in Utilities to empower the function and deliver first class services.
- Creative and level-headed problem solver.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BA or BS Required; MBA or Master’s Degree preferred.
- Procurement Qualifications (E.G. ISM, IPMM, CPM, MCIPS) Valued.
- At least 5 years of employment in Biotech or Pharmaceutical Industry, or other Highly Regulated Industries, with advancing leadership of procurement
- Possess in-depth awareness of Supply Base and Sourcing Business Practices.
- Deep insight of the Utilities management sector with a track record of successfully attaining business results.
- Experience working in a complex decentralized (global) setting.
- Demonstrated track record of building high performing teams and organizations.
- Exceptionally skilled at Stakeholder Management and Negotiation.
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0023852