Global Medical Lead DAB Early Diagnosis HAE
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Global Medical Lead DAB Early Diagnosis HAEApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
For the Takeda global scientific community who aspire to deliver transformative medicines to patients Scientific Informatics is the technology leader, with domain specific expertise, that provides innovative platforms and technologies to improve both operational efficiency and data-driven decision making. As an embedded partner Scientific Informatics is at the leading edge of both science and technology and proactively reacts to the changing scientific environment and needs of researchers in an agile fashion to deliver timely, value-adding solutions.
The Digital Advisory Board programs aim to ensure our growing data is easily accessible to everyone so we can help our patients and HCPs faster and more effectively.
Rare Disease Early Diagnosis
Rare Disease Early Diagnosis - Accelerate rare disease patient early diagnosis through best-in-class enterprise-level advanced analytics and digital tools leveraging key external partnerships.
We will help patients discover what’s wrong with them sooner and bring them out of the unknown and into the right treatment faster. We will bring relief by helping them discover what is wrong with them at the earliest time possible.
Although there have been advances over recent years, awareness and diagnosis of rare and chronic diseases continue to lag. It can still take up to 10 years to get a diagnosis.
We will explore emerging technologies and establish partnerships with great minds within Takeda and across the healthcare industry to reduce that time for diagnosis.
- Work with the Sr Director, Global Medical Unit Head, to support and execute multi-year global medical strategy for early diagnosis using new digital technologies and focus on their implementation for shortening the time to diagnosis for patients with Rare Diseases, appropriately aligned with overall strategy and incorporating R&D functional strategies (TAU, Regulatory, GORE, PV, Compliance, IT, DSI)
- Work with the Sr Director, Global Medical Unit Head, and the cross-functional team to lead and support projects and strategies in context with the Rare Immunology Early Diagnosis Program of the Takeda Digital Advisory Board and Takeda`s enterprise-wide strategic digital activities and initiatives
- Work with the Sr Director, Global Medical Unit Head, on the development and in-year implementation of the medical plan globally regarding new innovative strategies to foster early diagnosis
- Drive global execution of specific medical projects per global medical strategy
- Serve as Global Medical representative on standing and project-based cross-functional teams
- Act as a company representative interacting with external scientific leaders, patient advocacy groups and/or regulatory authorities
- Establish appropriate strategic partnerships with centers of excellence and KOLs in areas of scientific interest
JOB DESCRIPTION/ROLE PROFILE
70% Support the Rare Disease Early Diagnosis Program of the Takeda Digital Advisory Board
- Work with Global Medical Unit Head on defining and implementing GMA strategy for Early Diagnosis and drive the medical projects within in alignment with Takeda`s enterprise-wide digital strategy and the PVPS Program Lead
- Contribute to development and execution of TAU digital strategy
- Act as cross-functional point-of-contact for research projects in digital tools for early diagnosis in rare diseases
- Lead execution of digital early diagnosis projects in alignment with the DAB
- Work closely with the Takeda IT functions involved in digital health (DAB, PVPS IT, region/LOC IT business partners)
- Support execution of the in-year medical tactical plan for the global initiatives as delegated by the Global Medical Unit Head, lead functional (e.g. publications, medical communications, medical training) and relevant R&D teams in developing plans supporting global medical strategy
- As delegated by the Global Medical Unit Head, collaborate with commercial to ensure aligned and medically appropriate commercial strategy, planning and execution.
- As needed, drive and support design and execution of clinical studies (phase IV, disease registries, epidemiological studies, outcomes surveys, etc.) in close collaboration with TA Clinical Development, Global Clinical Operations and regional and LOC teams
- Serve as Global Medical representative on standing and project-based cross-functional teams
- Support LOCs on key local or regional projects
20% Interaction with internal and external stakeholders in alignment with customer needs and medical strategy
- Act as a company representative with external scientific leaders, policy makers, patient advocacy groups and/or regulatory authorities
- Per medical strategy, establish and/or enhance partnerships with key academic institutions, external partners for innovative technologies and develop relationships with key thought leaders
- Represent Medical Affairs at internal and external meetings
- Present data on product / therapeutic area
- Plan, design and manage global medical Advisory Boards
10% Maintenance of knowledge base
- Serve as a key medical resource on the disease area in general and on new innovative digital technologies and approaches
- Maintain a high level of expertise on the disease area
- Develop and maintain knowledge of global pharmaceutical regulations, guidelines, codes of practices and Takeda policies related to all medical activities
- As directed by the Global Medical Unit Head, develop, conduct, or participate in therapeutic training programs for Takeda internal departments
KEY SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrated business acumen and operational skills
- Ability to think strategically and tactically from a medical perspective about how to medically appropriately support the launch and growth of a brand
- Ability to work in a Global environment, across diverse cultures
- Ability to collaborate appropriately with Commercial functions
- Ability to represent company’s interest in scientific forums as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage teams and drive initiatives without direct line management authority
- Results orientation and accountability
- Good analytical skills as applied to medical, scientific and technical information
- Unquestioned ethics are a must
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Management of discrete medical projects and activities
- Representation of GMA and contribution to a range of internal functional groups
- External stakeholder management and engagement
Internal and External Contacts
- Position is accountable to Sr. Director, Global Medical Unit Head, HAE/Rare Immunology
- Internal: PVPS program team for the Digital Advisory Board, especially the Product Strategy Lead for Personalized Medicine
- Internal: Medical subteams of GPTs
- Internal: TAU team, CMLR, commercial, market access, publications, IT, DSI and other subteams
- External: academic, professional, regulatory, policy, patient advocacy leaders, strategic vendor partners
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Availability to travel approximately 30% of time
- Some activities may call for early or late meetings and attendances at scientific meetings on holidays and weekends
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A medical degree or equivalent is required
- Experience in innovative digital health solutions (e.g. 1 in evidence generation or diagnosis, etc.)
- >5 years of experience in biopharmaceutical medicine, preferably within a matrix or franchise structure.
- Experience in medical affairs is required
- Experience working in cross-functional teams at the brand or disease area levels in country, regional or global organizations is preferred
- Experience in the disease area of interest through clinical experience, biopharmaceutical experience or education is preferred
- Experience in rare disease indications preferred
Takeda is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID R0019932