Global Market Access Lead - Director (Plasma-Derived Therapeutics)
Cambridge, Massachusetts, Zurich, Switzerland
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Global Market Access Lead - Director (Plasma-Derived Therapeutics)Apply Now
Title: Global Market Access Lead - Director (Plasma-Derived Therapeutics)
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Global Market Access Lead - Director (Plasma-Derived Therapeutics) in our Cambridge, MA office (or in our Zurich, Switzerland office temporarily).
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
As a Global Market Access Lead working on the Plasma Derived Therapies team, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. A typical day will include:
- Deliver Market Access strategy and tactics for key PDT brands to ensure successful pricing negotiations and reimbursement in countries.
- Provide a single point of contact for all market access needs and activities for assigned PDT products
- Provide early input into clinical development programs for pipeline products to ensure the right evidence is collected to support reimbursement and pricing negotiations.
- Support regulatory and market access activities for access and reimbursement of PDT devices
- Develop a global, integrated Market Access Plan (Evidence, Strategic Pricing, Market Shaping and LOC Implementation) and implement Access deliverables to achieve successful reimbursement and pricing for Takeda’s key PDT products.
- Develop a deep understanding of the current Market Access environment and identify future trends in PDT and integrate them into the product strategy to maximize reimbursement and pricing potential
- Be accountable for the Market Access & Payer perspective being appropriately reflected (integrated) in product development, medical affairs and commercial strategy
- Lead the development of innovative tools such as MEAs, portfolio and outcome-based agreements to ensure reimbursement and patient access to Takeda´s innovative therapies
- Ensure the development, delivery and maintenance of the global value proposition, global market access strategy, supportive market access evidence, global evidence dossier, and global pricing strategy through product development and lifecycle management
- Provide Market Access & Pricing input in order to support Regions and key LOCs in developing Market Access Operational Plans
- Ensure Regions and LOCs provide inputs and feedback on payer insights, payer value propositions and the integrated Market Access Plan and Strategy
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- University degree required, advanced degree in related field (e.g., MBA, MPH, MPA, PharmD) preferred
- 8 + years of market access experience with solid track record in developing Global Market Access strategies covering reimbursement and access
- Local experience influencing and leading access and pricing negotiations in relevant geographic markets.
- Excellence in cross-functional collaboration at Global, Regional and Local level
- Ideally experience of access and reimbursement of devices
- Deep understanding of pricing and reimbursement processes and key stakeholders across key geographies – pharmaceuticals and devices
- Strong understanding of global markets and payer environment (e.g. HTA model, including coverage and reimbursement, pricing and contracting, formulary management, health technology assessment and payment policy).
- Demonstrated ability to present and justify product market access strategy addressing the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication, negotiation, presentation, and influencing skills across internal and external stakeholders
- Strong project management skills and ability to deliver on time
- Collaborative spirit, able to build consensus, work effectively with cross-functional teams and lead in a matrix structure
- Ability to act decisively and exercise sound judgment in making decisions with limited information
- Ability to make clear business arguments and strategic recommendations leveraging both quantitative and qualitative evidence
- Strong understanding of pharmacoeconomics and epidemiology
- Strong negotiating skills and ability to develop relationships and appropriately influence payers, policy makers, and other key external stakeholders
- Demonstrated success with identifying growth opportunities and driving an organization to capture value
- Robust understanding of key HEOR principles and familiarity with HEOR/P&R dossiers (e.g. AMCP, Global / Global Evidence Dossiers)
- Ability to frame HTA strategies and arguments and be able to convert evidence into clear value messages
- International travel will be required, appx 10-30%
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0043916