Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Audit Lead
Cambridge, Massachusetts, Zug, Switzerland
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Audit LeadApply Now
Join us as a EHS Audit Lead in either Zürich, Switzerland orBoston, United States.
The Key Accountabilities of the EHS Audit Leadinclude, but are not limited to:
- Execute EHS Audit Program as designed
- Transform Audit into Learning
- Develop Competence, Drive Performance
- Assure Compliance and Risk Management
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Perform Annual Risk Assessment
- Provide input on audit schedule
- Plan, develop and deliver audits as assigned
- Support and drive continuous improvement of the audit and Third-Party Certification management
- Lead / Manage Post-audit trending and CAPA tracking
- Support the process development and execution of Third-Party Supplier / Contract Manufacturing audit process
- Manage the regulated waste audit program
- Responsible for stakeholder management
DIMENSIONS & ASPECTS OF THE POSITION
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Certified auditor or 10+ years of experience auditing in a multi-national organization
- Must be very knowledgeable in EHS and DOT regulations.
- Experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing or other high hazard industry (oil & gas, pulp & paper, chemical manufacturing, steel, etc.)
- Strong communication skills are required
- Must be action oriented and self-driven
- Demonstrated ability of simplifying the complex and placing resources on what is critical.
- Have the courage and conviction to speak-up when needed
- Demonstrate intellectual honesty
- Strong conflict management skills
- Strong change management skills
- Ability to lead, inspire, and direct audit team of EHS and technical professionals. Must have experience leading managers.
- Ability to lead by influence.
- Must have the ability to efficiently and effectively interact with, lead, participate and facilitate multi-functional teams, as well as outside consultants.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Ability to make decisions about complex EHS situations and topics when the solution is not clear
- Builds relationships. Initiates and cultivates open, honest relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, and vendors by establishing rapport, developing an understanding of others’ needs, promoting common goals, and following through on commitments.
- Work with various teams across sites and functions. Leading cross functional work to align on Takeda’s position on various EHS programs and initiatives.
- Partner with internal colleagues and external industry groups to drive continuous improvement
- Interact and develop positive working relationships during audits.
- Incorporate continuous improvement methodologies and tools into existing EHS audit and supplier risk programs where appropriate.
- Responsible for communications with senior leadership;
- Ability to identify resources for audits;
- Ability to take initiative and lead others;
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve issues.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES & REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Typically requires a bachelors' degree, preferably in technical / environmental sciences, engineering or related field. 10+ years of related experience
- Effective listener, clear communicator and coach
- Demonstrated technical advanced skills and varied EHS experience including: environmental or safety management systems, waste management, clean air, water, industrial health, occupational safety, etc.
- Ability to understand global context/responsibilities of the audit function.
- English fluent in speaking and writing; command of additional languages advantageous
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately using oral and written communications with different levels of management.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate data and information and draw appropriate conclusions.
- Ability to assess and determine risk impacts.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Holds or is working towards relevant certification including BEAC / IIA.
- Management systems experience (e.g. ISO 14001, 45001, etc.)
- Travel required (approximately 30-50%)
- The position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in facilities, including controlled environments requiring gowning and personal protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- Flexibility to engage in work activities outside of the normal 8-hour workday.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
What Takeda Can Offer You
To further support and inspire our employees, our benefits include: Competitive basic salary, Annual Bonus, Long Term Incentive Plan, Contributory Pension Scheme, Private Health Cover and Life Assurance.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0038963