Director, Specialty HUB & Distribution Services
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Director, Specialty HUB & Distribution ServicesApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Director, Specialty HUB & Distribution Services in our Lexington office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Responsibilities include:
- Lead a team to manage a group of vendors that provide services to Takeda U.S. Patient Services in support of our patients
- Serve as the primary contact for all service providers specified above
- Primary contact for Specialty Pharmacy buyers and Account Managers to resolve issues and enhance the overall relationship for optimal patient outcomes
- Coordinate with Market Access and Commercial OPs teams to negotiate and implement data feeds from customers as defined in the specific agreements.
- Coordinate with Data Aggregator partners and IT on shipment data issues in the Patient Services CRM System
- Liaise with project leaders on specific projects, IT and the Specialty Pharmacies to maintain and improve shipment data
- Create, manage and maintain the business partners’ budgets, create all purchase orders and approve invoices for service rendered
- Attend meetings to represent at industry conferences
- Travel to sales meetings periodically and as necessary to educate stakeholders about Patient Services’ programs
- Conduct and participate in partners’ Quarterly Business Reviews and keep partners accountable to all business terms
- Work in close collaboration with Franchise leads to deliver result on departmental goals
- The selected individual will work with numerous internal groups such as; Managed Markets – Regional Business Managers (RBM), Zone Directors, Department Project Leaders, Supply Chain Team, Government Reporting, Finance, Accounts Payable and Receivable, OnePath Patient Access Managers, and IT to facilitate and optimize patient access to therapy and customer service. Works in a highly visible environment; hires and manages a strong team of individuals to deliver on goals establish by the Department head.
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- Design and deliver reports using business partner data that support Business Functions. Identify possible improvements and automations to streamline reporting and data management.
- Participate in strategic decision-making with cross functional business leads to ensure alignment of priorities.
- Coordinate and strategize with managed markets account managers to execute data agreements as specified in customer contracts.
- Maintain daily shipment data loads to CRM and reporting system. Monitor daily and trouble shoot and correct any data issues.
- Manage the review and approval of invoices from all related business partners
- Provide training to stakeholders on the specialty drug distribution model and shipment data.
- Support project management activities including milestone tracking, monitoring issues and generating status reports
- Plan, assign and direct 3PL Customer Services related to distribution of product for Patient Support programs
- Interact with the field sales team to ensure timely customer problem resolution and
- and proper alignment of resources
- Trouble shoot and resolve ongoing financial reimbursement issues with co-pay programs
- Attend meetings to represent the Rare Disease Business Unit at industry conferences
- Travel to sales meetings and Specialty Pharmacy business reviews periodically and as necessary
- Conduct and participate in partners’ Quarterly Business Reviews
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Sets and clearly articulates a compelling vision for the future that fosters enthusiasm
- Develops bold strategic plans and crafts pragmatic solutions to implement them
- Recognizes opportunities and challenges and modifies strategy accordingly
- Moves easily between addressing current needs and planning for the future
- Considers marketplace and economic forces and trends in advising and supporting sound business decisions
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Decides and acts, even when faced with uncertainty
- Clearly communicates the need for change and is actively responsive to the resistance it can evoke
- Anticipates and proactively addresses the conflict and ambiguity inherent in change
- Quickly focuses on the critical issues while prioritizing current work
- Builds and models a culture of questioning and constructive challenge to foster openness and candid dialogue
- Listens to and carefully considers others’ perspectives, especially to manage and resolve conflict
- Acts with an understanding and sensitivity to others locally and globally, internally and externally
- Encourages accountability and responsibility that enables others to act with integrity
- Generates breakthrough solutions, and enables others to do the same
- Draws on unexpected or seemingly unrelated ways of thinking
- Operates from a framework of possibility
- Builds and improves effective internal systems and processes that align with organizational priorities
- Builds and fosters effective teams in a matrix organization
- Considers and addresses business and development needs
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or a Business-related discipline required, Master’s degree preferred
- Extensive CRM and/or ERP experience, including requirements for external data feeds/integration and associated reporting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of building effective working relationships with internal and external business stakeholders, including skill with developing statements of work and key performance indicators
- Flexible and adaptable in handling change and competing priorities
- Ability to manage multiple projects and succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- 15+ years of experience in vendor management, procurement, or a related field is required in the Pharmaceutical industry (pharma manufacturer, pharmacy, or PBM)
- Proficiency in data analysis and reporting in Excel is required
- Experience in Patient Services, Specialty Pharmacy operations and HUB management services are a plus
- Pharmaceutical reimbursement experience preferred
- Ability to multi task, plan and organize work streams, and problem solve effectively while working in a team environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to be able to communicate effectively and execute changes, and manage other individuals
- Individual must possess and portray strong emotional resilience
- Management experience, leadership skills, and ability to execute high level ideas on an individual basis
- Individual must possess extraordinary positive attitude, exceptional listening skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- MS Excel proficiency
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0036849