Director, Oncology New Product Planning
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Director, Oncology New Product PlanningApply Now
- Provide an early and objective view of the unmet needs, target profile, market potential, competitive landscape and commercial risks associated with pipeline assets in early development phases. Coordinate pre-commercialization activities for these pipeline assets prior to handing them off to commercial teams.
- Lead cross-functional global commercial teams to provide input into global product teams for pipeline assets
- Work with Business Development (BD), R&D, global commercial and regional commercial oncology colleagues to define and evolve the disease areas of interest for the Oncology Business Unit (OBU)
- Lead the assessment and quantification of business development opportunities for the OBU and provide recommendations to the Oncology leadership team, ensuring decisions and plans are informed by the global market access landscape, competitive environment, unmet needs and customer/patient insights.
- Represent the Oncology Business Unit (OBU) on Global Program Teams (GPTs) and contribute the global commercial perspective to clinical development decisions within the GPT (including Clinical, GMA, Project Management, and Regulatory) on key factors such as indications, endpoints, populations and trial comparator to ensure through analysis and understanding of the necessary clinical and regulatory threshold to ensure successful commercialization and market differentiation
- Co-lead GPT in identifying, developing and championing asset maximization strategies, and facilitate GPT decision-making through the communication of clear and unified global commercial strategy to optimize overall market value of each asset
- Develop early brand plans for pipeline assets with global cross-functional input (Patient value and Access, Medical Affairs, HEOR, Competitive Intelligence), including a global commercial assessment of the market and asset opportunity that is used to facilitate clinical development planning, brand strategy development, patient insights, value proposition, financial valuation, and tactical planning/budgeting
- Conduct market analyses to shape target product profiles, product positioning, and target product claims
- Coordinate all regional pre-commercialization communication and activities for pipeline assets
- Lead commercial assessments of potential BD and M&A opportunities, acting as the “hub” for collecting input from various cross-functional sources including medical affairs, competitive intelligence, global patient value and access, and regional NPP leads
- Provide forecasts for both business development and pipeline assets
- Stay abreast of oncology treatment landscape and key competitors in order to adapt marketing strategies accordingly to ensure success of pipeline assets
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- This position is responsible for developing global insights and making commercial recommendations that will maximize the value of multiple Takeda Oncology pipeline assets. As part of this charge, the Director, NPP works globally and cross-functionally (Regional Marketing, Market Research, Business Intelligence, BD, Alliance Management, Patient Value and Access, Medical Affairs etc.), to develop recommendations and strategies that will provide the greatest returns to Takeda. The Director, NPP delivers product strategies, forecasts and commercial plans, aligned to franchise strategy, for endorsement by Head of NPP, Oncology Leadership Team and Portfolio Review Committee (PRC). The Director, NPP also works with the Head of NPP to develop commercial assessments for potential business development/M&A opportunities to continue to drive the growth of the Oncology Business Unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., business, chemistry, biology); Advanced Degree (MBA, PhD, PharmD) preferred
- 8+ years pharmaceutical industry experience, oncology experience required
- At least 4 years in commercial roles (brand marketing, sales, market research/analytics, new product planning, managed markets); global experience preferred
- Deep understanding of pharmaceutical R&D process required; prefer prior experience working in or with development teams
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, including senior leaders, to accomplish shared goals
- Demonstrated exceptional strategic thinking ability
- Demonstrated ability to understand and translate clinical/scientific information
- Pharmaceutical Industry Acumen – Ability to develop and implement business solutions based on trends, opportunities, needs and market direction within the pharmaceutical industry and health care environment.
- Creative Thinking - Ability to generate new concepts and ideas which improve understanding of a situation and /or create competitive advantage
- Strong analytical skills- including experience with developing and testing assumptions, developing forecasts, determining commercial value, assessing risk and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative research
- Leadership – Ability to provide leadership to Takeda’s teams across the company to achieve results and deliverables
- Therapeutic knowledge – prefer prior experience working in oncology; proven ability to quickly gain in-depth understanding of various disease states
- Strategic thinking – ability to participate in the development of overall strategy and link strategy to operational deliverables
- Problem Solving Skills – Ability to identify the critical issues and root cause of a problem, and then determine the optimal solution.
- Communication and Interpersonal skills – Ability to communicate ideas and data both orally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner that ensures clarity among colleagues worldwide. Have confidence and diplomacy in interacting with people from different cultures and at all levels in organizations.
- This position requires ~ 10% travel, including international trips.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more attakedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0011405