Director, Oncology Diagnostic Strategy Lead
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Director, Oncology Diagnostic Strategy LeadApply Now
More specifically the Director will be accountable to:
- Provide end- to- end diagnostic strategy for pipeline and branded products in support of the overall oncology portfolio and global oncology diagnostic strategy
- Successfully implement engagement programs, advisory boards, congresses/symposia, etc to be developed in close collaboration with R&D, medical affairs, partner organizations and pipeline or branded product teams
- Work with pipeline and branded product teams to develop business cases, strategic evaluations of diagnostic options and diagnostic market landscape assessments
- Develop the companion diagnostic launch strategy for the product team together with the diagnostic partners and ensure successful execution
- Ensure the diagnostic strategy incorporates global requirements for execution and success
- Assist regions and key LOCs with diagnostic business strategies
- Define and implement life cycle management strategies with pipeline and branded product teams to ensure continued innovation in diagnostics
- Monitor diagnostic testing competitive environment and market trends
- Cultivate and build relationships with internal and external key stakeholders, customers, and professional organizations
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader who demonstrates:
- A solid understanding of the role of biomarkers and diagnostics in personalized medicine as well as established connections and relationships in the diagnostic space
- Has working knowledge of the clinical laboratory testing environments (including regulatory, reimbursement, and promotional guidelines) in key markets including U.S., Japan, EU, and Canada, and China.
- A results-oriented, highly collaborative, and dedicated focus on bringing innovative treatment options and diagnostics to patients
- Has a track record of defining and executing diagnostic initiatives in collaboration with key global functions including Market Research, Competitive Intelligence, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Regulatory, Legal, Supply Operations, and Communications.
- Has experience working in above-country and/or international (e.g. ex-US) roles
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- BA/BS required; although personal leadership characteristics and track record are the most critical components, a scientific or medical educational background and/or an MBA are a plus
- 7-10 years pharma/biotech/life science industry commercial experience; of which 3-5 years oncology diagnostic marketing experience required; diagnostic business experience required
- Demonstrated commercial leadership in diagnostic opportunity assessments and valuations
- Previous oncology diagnostic launch experience is required
- Understanding of clinical laboratory testing which includes test sample journey, diagnostic technologies and potential technical issues
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, lead cross-functional and cross-regional projects, and participate as a team member will be critical to success in the role.
- Ability to make decisions in ambiguity
- Anticipates obstacles and provides solutions to resolve in a timely manner
- Ability to interpret complex scientific and medical data across multiple assets is essential
- Experience of leading either matrix or functional teams would be an advantage
- Ability to drive projects to deliver results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to travel internationally
- Knowledge, planning and organizing, building positive working relationships, cultural sensitivity within a global team, ability to make recommendations based on customer need, good negotiation skills and active listening
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more attakedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0012971