Director of Insights and Analytics, Immune Deficiency
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Director of Insights and Analytics, Immune DeficiencyApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director of Insights & Analytics, Immune Deficiency in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director of Insights & Analytics, Immune Deficiency working on the USBU PDT team, you will be empowered to lead and drive our business, and a typical day will include:
- Thispositionwill lead the Insights and Analytics for the Immune Deficiency Franchise within the US Plasma Derived Therapies Business Unit.
- The team will use advanced analytics and insights to support current and future commercial objectives.
- The Insights and Analytics Lead will be accountable for generation, interpretation and extraction of critical insights, strategy creation, and best practices to drive and achieve organizational goals.
- Strategically partner with Business Unit leadership in identifying innovative methods and approaches that yield differentiating and more impactful outcomes to leverage business opportunities and challenges.
- Lead efforts to deliver new analytical tools, measurement approaches and solutions to support deeper insights.
- Builds and maintains internal insights and analytics capability to support the Immune Deficiency Franchise.
- Player/Coach that builds, develops, and leads a team of high performing analytics professionals.
- Leads a proactive and systematic approach to capturing and understanding stakeholder needs for standard and ad hoc analytics, reporting, and insights generation.
- Leads a proactive and systematic approach to synthesizing various Franchise data sources and identifying insights.
- Supports Finance driven sales forecasting process Immune Deficiency Franchise within US Plasma Derived Therapies BU.
- Provides input and support to ensure Market Research drives quality business insights.
- Leads a wide range of analytics projects and acts as primary point of contact for key business stakeholders
- Leads US innovation for franchise insights and analytics team
- Initiates key questions for Immune Deficiency Franchise leadership
- Communicates clear findings and recommends appropriate action to executive level Franchise leadership.
- Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Ability to influence and challenge the business decisions; Ability to influence without authority;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/assignments to demanding deadlines with minimal supervision. High degree of creativity and innovation in developing new approaches, processes and methodologies
- Ability to lead projects on behalf of the Strategy and Insights Team
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills as well as teamwork abilities
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment
- Builds and models a culture of questioning and constructive challenge to foster openness and candid dialogue
- Listens to and carefully considers others’ perspectives, especially to manage and resolve conflict
- Acts with an understanding and sensitivity to others locally and globally, internally and externally
- Encourages accountability and responsibility that enables others to act with integrity
- Leads with Strategic Agility
- Sets and clearly articulates a compelling vision for the future that fosters enthusiasm
- Develops bold strategic plans and crafts pragmatic solutions to implement them
- Recognizes opportunities and challenges and modifies strategy accordingly
- Moves easily between addressing current needs and planning for the future
- Considers marketplace and economic forces and trends in advising and supporting sound business decisions
- Decides and acts, even when faced with uncertainty
- Clearly communicates the need for change and is actively responsive to the resistance it can evoke
- Anticipates and proactively addresses the conflict and ambiguity inherent in change
- Quickly focuses on the critical issues while prioritizing current work
- Generates breakthrough solutions, and enables others to do the same
- Draws on unexpected or seemingly unrelated ways of thinking
- Operates from a framework of possibility
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’sdegreeinBusinessManagement, Marketingor relatedsubjectisrequired
- MBA/M.Sc./PharmD an asset
- Recommended 15+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, 7-10+ years of insights and analytics is required.
- Experience with Team/People management is a significant asset
- Experience of project management across a range of functions, seniority, and geography
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required; proficiency in Qlik Tools and Tableau
- Ability to pick up new systems for information extraction such as Datameer
- Understanding of statistical models preferred
- Experience in market research and product strategy development is a plus
- Ability to travel as required, ~25%
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0049212